In another twist involving the public protector’s office‚ the Minister of Co-operative Governance an.
Free State boxing promoter Blacky Seoe's must be commended for exposing fighters to the larger expanse of the boxing fraternity.
General manager Palesa Mosiea said Seoe's award-winning company will present a three-championship event at Mangaung Indoor Sports Centre in Bloemfontein on Friday night.
She said the Mlungisi "Killer Shark" Dlamini will top that bill with the bid for the third defence of his WBF lightweight strap against Francisco Lorenzo. SABC will broadcast this fight live on Blow by Blow at 10pm.
"El Ahogado Lorenzo", from New York, is a seasoned campaigner and former WBC Caribbean Boxing Federation holder, with 33 wins (14 KOs) and five defeats.
Dlamini is yet to taste defeat after 20 fights (12 KOs). He left fight fans gazing in disbelief at his punching prowess against former IBO and IBF champion, Australian Gary St. Clair, on November 14 last year.
Meanwhile, William "Dynamite" Gare will defend the WBF strap against an unknown Mexican champion Rigoberto Alvarez while South Africa's most flamboyant fighter, Bongani "Cyclone" Mwelase will oppose Dominican Republic foe Attila "The Viper" Koceves for the vacant WBF junior middleweight title.
Seoe's mission to expose fighters to amplitude boxing fans began in February last year at the Town Hall in Bloemfontein.
That was three months after he had obtained a promoter's licence. He has since staged four boxing shows.