Twenty-eight female guards were unfairly dismissed by a security company because the client‚ Metrora.
AFTER a month-long strike, Johannesburg's emergency workers returned to work at the weekend.
"All services (medical, fire, search and rescue, and disaster management) will be fully restored . and fire-fighters will be on duty," said Emergency Management Services spokesperson Percy Morokane on Friday.
The Gauteng Department of Health and the SA Municipal Workers Union (Samwu) both confirmed an agreement had been reached between the union and employers.
"Certain principles have been agreed upon. Based on these principles, members are prepared to resume their duties," said Samwu spokesperson Dumisani Langa.
"The city and Samwu agreed to call it off," said Department of Health spokesperson Mandla Sidu.
"They have agreed that the city will revisit the wage progression.
"The finer details will emerge (later)," said Sidu.
However, Langa declined to offer details of what was agreed upon between EMS and Samwu, saying the agreement still had to be authorised by the mayoral committee.
The strike began a month ago when Samwu accused EMS of not adhering to an agreed-upon wage settlement made in November. - Sapa