Twenty-eight female guards were unfairly dismissed by a security company because the client‚ Metrora.
LAST week was the re-incarnation of South Africa's most devastating fighter, Philip "Time Bomb" Ndou.
It happened at East London's Orient Theatre. The man, who literally took over from Ndou is Macbuti "The Man Man" Sinyabi.
Mind you, Ndou is still alive and kicking. In fact, on July 13, Ndou will fight Lovemore Ndou for the IBO welterweight belt at Emperors Palace. The two antagonists are not related.
It will Phillip's first fight in SA since he retired in 2004. He has already fought abroad, when he stopped Rachid Drilzane in five of their six rounder in France on February 14.
But the young, fearless and "Time Bomb" of yesterday, whose amazing fighting prowess was perfected by Nick Durandt, has been replaced by Sinyabi.
Coincidentally, this unassuming and good-looking youngster, aged 22, is also under the mentorship of Durandt.
South Africa almost drowned from tears four years ago when Ndou, a knockout specialist with 30 from 31 wins, retired at the age of 28 years, because of a cyst in the brain. But that big hole has since been closed.
Sinyabi has been knocking opponents senselessly since he turned professional in 2006. His achievements have not been noticed because he was still an under card fighter under Mzimase Mnguni.
Sinyabi joined Durandt late last year. Their first fight together was 21 days ago, and it was Sinyabi's first time to top a bill.
He demolished Desmond Samuels, a competent fighter, in less than two minutes, and registered the first defence of his South African junior featherweight strap he won last year via a first-round stoppage over Tshepo Mofokeng.
Last week Sinyabi poleaxed Luyanda Mrawuli in the 10th round at East London's Orient Theatre. A straight right to the chin dropped Mrawuli like he had been shot.
"I am blessed. I can box and also fight. Nick is what I want, and I'm also what he wants," said Sinyabi, who has 12 wins (12 kos) and one loss.
A delighted Durandt said: "Sinyabi reminds me of Philip Ndou."
Meanwhile, Durandt and his other charge, Isaac Hlatswayo will travel to America to fight Delvin Rodriguez for the IBF welterweight title. This after Hlatswayo's promoter Branco Milenkovic lost the purse bid to Star Promotions.