Twenty-eight female guards were unfairly dismissed by a security company because the client‚ Metrora.
A KWAZULU-NATAL man suspected of taking part in the killing of an eyewitness to faction fighting in Melmoth is expected to appear in court today.
The man, who cannot be named until he appears in court, is in the dock after his three accomplices were killed by police last Thursday. He turned himself in to the police.
Jola Majola, 34, Kabelo Mcineka, 21, and Ash Mkhize, 30, were shot dead during a shootout between them and police.
The police had been alerted to the men's whereabouts by the public. On seeing the police the four heavily armed suspects ran to a ravine, where they hid. The three suspects were then killed during the shootout.
Police believe the men were part of a group of suspects wanted for the killing of an eyewitness in the faction-fighting that allegedly began after the murder of two brothers in the area in January.
Police spokesperson Tinkie van Vureen yesterday said police were patrolling and monitoring the area and that the situation was calm.
At the crime scene, the police found several weapons, including an R1 assault rifle with 34 rounds, an AK-47 assault rifle with nine rounds, two 9mm pistols with 15 rounds each, a .38 revolver with six rounds, and a shotgun with 11 rounds of ammunition.
"These arms and ammunition are believed to have been stolen from individuals or organisations. We have yet to establish who they belonged to," she said
Van Vureen urged members of the public to report the people involved in the faction fighting to the police.
"Most people in the area know what is going on but they are too terrified to come forward to the police with the information," said Van Vureen.