Twenty-eight female guards were unfairly dismissed by a security company because the client‚ Metrora.
SUSPENDED National Police Commissioner Jackie Selebi's contract ends in three weeks, and the ministry of safety and security is keeping mum about who is likely to fill the post.
The ministry said candidates would only be considered at the end of the month when Selebi's contract expired.
Selebi was put on special leave in January last year and is currently facing charges of corruption and defeating the ends of justice. In a television interview on Sunday night, President Jacob Zuma said a "decisive decision" would be taken once Selebi's contract ended.
"I'm certain that once it ends, there will be a very decisive decision taken with regard with the commissioner.
"So that is being worked on, that we are not going to have acting people all the time. It doesn't give a good impression that you are dealing with issues seriously, so that is going to be addressed, and the minister is working on it."
Sowetan has it on good authority that KwaZulu-Natal MEC for transport, community safety and liaison Bheki Cele and acting police commissioner Tim Williams were front men.
However, safety and security spokesperson Panyaza Lesufi yesterday dismissed claims that there were people who were being considered for the position. "No one is being considered. The current commissioner's contract has not ended. All decisions will be made at the end of the month."
Cele is known for his "shoot to kill" statement. At the weekend, he warned feuding taxi operators in KwaZulu-Natal that they should either stop fighting or he would shut down operations for six years.
Operations have already been halted in Nongoma following the murder of three taxi operators last week. Last year, he warned SA Roadlink that he would stop its operations if their buses continued to cause road accidents.