Fri Oct 21 22:17:56 SAST 2016

Cope claims dismissed

By unknown | Mar 18, 2009 | COMMENTS [ 0 ]

Anna Majavu

Anna Majavu

Public Services and Administration Minister Richard Baloyi dismissed claims by the Congress of the People that its members were being hounded out of government jobs by the ANC.

This is in the wake of a report that Cope youth leader Anele Mda is to be hauled before a disciplinary hearing by her employer - the Eastern Cape Youth Commission.

"We are not only saying we have not received any information but we are confident that our deployees are men and women of such stature that we don't think this could happen," said Baloyi yesterday.

But Cope spokesperson Sipho Ngwema said that his party had already reported the matter to the public protector.

"We have reported it to the public protector and the minister cannot say he does not know about this," said Ngwema.

Sowetan spoke to two Cope insiders in the Western Cape provincial government who said "at least 15 staff members are currently being victimised".


Login OR Join up TO COMMENT