Sat Oct 22 18:20:57 CAT 2016

Ex-boss wants apology

By unknown | Feb 27, 2009 | COMMENTS [ 0 ]

Mhlaba Memela

Mhlaba Memela

The KwaZulu-Natal department of arts and culture has come under fire from its former boss Bonga Ntanzi who wants to be cleared after being named in an alleged tender scam.

Ntanzi, pictured, and four former colleagues - Nhlanhla Thusi, Hamilton Ntshangase, Zakhe Ndimande and Mandla Mhlongo - were fingered in an alleged R500000 tender deal.

But only Ndimande has so far been hauled before a disciplinary hearing.

Last week Sowetan was informed that Ndimande was handed a letter telling him that the investigation last year had found him guilty. He said he was considering his legal options.

The officials were accused of colluding with a production company to win a tender in 2005 to record 10 local music groups.

Ntanzi says his name was mentioned in the forensic report, but no one in the department had bothered to inform him about the matter or had asked him to give his side of the story.

Ntanzi has also questioned the bona fides of the forensic investigation.

He said the department had not reported the matter to the police.

He was therefore demanding a public apology for having his name dragged through the "mud of corruption".

The spokesman for the department, Vukani Mbhele, said yesterday they did not want to comment on the report because of its sensitivity.


Login OR Join up TO COMMENT