Millions intended to be spent on the health needs of Eastern Cape residents have gone missing from d.
The 11-year-old girl from Mofolo North, Soweto, who was found after being missing for four days last week, is now living in fear.
This after she was threatened by relatives of a 16-year-old boy who allegedly kidnapped and raped her for several days in a shack in the area.
The girl was abducted on December 19 and was reunited with her family four days later. She had left home saying she was going to the shops but never returned.
Police said they suspected she was released after her abductor heard on radio that a massive search for the girl had been launched.
The girl's grandmother said yesterday: "I'm afraid they might come and harm her. She was going to the shops when she was approached by two women who told her to 'drop the charges or else ...'.
"She was crying hysterically when she returned. We do not know who these people are and at the moment anything is possible."
The girl has not received counselling yet.
"She has been through so much and more harm will just finish her off. I cannot even describe the way I feel about what has happened to her. It's like a bullet has ripped through my soul. I am just happy that she is alive."
Police spokesman Inspector Kay Makhubele said the family should report the threats to the investigating officer.
"The people involved will be warned and if they continue a case will be opened and they will be arrested. If necessary the girl will be removed from her home. We have not established whether the yard the girl was taken to is the suspect's home."
He said police were questioning people living in the yard.
"They might have seen the girl there or heard something. We are not ruling out the possibility that the suspect might have had accomplices."