Mike Motloung does not have money.
This is contrary to what he made the public believe when he announced in February that his company, Tourist Choice, will sponsor Boxing SA with R10,5 million over three years.
This bombshell was dropped on Tuesday by his younger brother Nick Motloung, who came to Sowetan of his own volition to "put an end to my brother's lies".
"I am not destroying him. This is my brother but I am trying to help those people that he conned," he said. "Mike is burying himself deeper in the grave and I don't see him coming out."
Mike is supposed to have deposited the first instalment of R3,5 million into Boxing SA's account but that has not happened yet. He claimed two weeks ago that the boxing governing body has not delivered yet on its contractual obligations.
He said they will get their money only if they got their house in order. Boxing SA's chief operations officer Bongani Khumalo's response was that they had already sent a letter to Motloung advising him about the breach of contract.
Nick, who rubbished his brother's claims of having money, described him as a smooth operator. He said some of his victims make death threats when they cannot find Mike in the family house in Moletsane, Soweto.
"Our parents are old. They don't need that," he said adding that his brother was recently thrown out of a house in Fairlands. "We don't know where he is. His mobile is constantly off. I hope he is still alive."
He revealed that Mike's workers have reported him to the department of labour for not being for quite some time; a florist has taken him to the small claims court for his money; and he was recently kicked out of the offices he rented in Modderfontein because he owed thousands in rent.
Mike's friend Paul Marumo added Mike bought two cars under his name but failed to pay.
"One car was repossessed and the other one is still in Mike's possession. I have been blacklisted. I am worried that I will end up being arrested," he said.
Mike, who claimed to be this big businessman, is a nobody, according to a search on Google. The only information under his name is about the doomed sponsorship deal which earned him naming rights for SA belts.
They were to be called Tourist Choice SA belts. But cracks showed before the ink had dried on the contract.
Attempts to get comment from Mike regarding his brother's claim on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday drew a blank. His mobile was indeed constantly off.