In another twist involving the public protector’s office‚ the Minister of Co-operative Governance an.
Three families from Bobo village in Malamulele, Limpopo, have accused the government of not treating them well after their huts burnt down, leaving them homeless.
Mamaila Makhubele's huts caught fire on Monday morning.
She suffered burns to her head and arms and also sustained a foot injury while trying to salvage something from her property.
Makhubele said an ambulance and the police came but did not bring any fire extinguishers.
Sympathisers gave her the clothes she was wearing when Sowetanvisited her.
"The government gave us some groceries but they will not last long for a big family like mine," she said.
Mavis Hlungwane's hut also burnt down. The fire is said to have started in the hut of a neighbour, Wilson Mashava.
The Mashavas' five huts were razed to the ground. It is not known how the fire started.
Mashava said he had lost everything andwas worried that the support from the government was "nothing to sing and dance about".
He said the government gave them groceries, but did nothing about accommodation.
A spokesman for the Thulamela municipality, Nndwamato Tshiila, said they had sent a team of assessors to determine the extent of the damage.
Tshiila said the families hd declined tents, saying they would be accommodated by relatives and neighbours.