Twenty-eight female guards were unfairly dismissed by a security company because the client‚ Metrora.
President Thabo Mbeki left Harare yesterday for Angola after talks on Zimbabwe's political crisis broke up to allow the main opposition leader "time to consider".
Both the mediators and a breakaway opposition faction engaged in the power-sharing talks denied that a concrete deal which would exclude President Robert Mugabe's arch-rival Morgan Tsvangirai from government had been signed.
"Mbeki is going to give a report to the Southern African Development Community (SADC) chairman of defence and security, [Angola] President Jose Eduardo dos Santos," said Mbeki's spokesman, Mukoni Ratshitanga.
"After that we are going back home."
Mbeki, SADC's appointed mediator in the Zimbabwe crisis, has been facilitating power-sharing talks between the leader of the main opposition Movement for Democratic Change (MDC), Tsvangirai, the MDC breakaway faction chief, Arthur Mutambara, and President Robert Mugabe.
"The talks are adjourned, not ended, but I wouldn't say until when. Tsvangirai needs more time to consult on specific matters," Mbeki's spokesman said.
Asked whether signatures had been put to a deal, Mbeki said: "I wouldn't know about it. We are facilitating discussions among three parties."
Business Day newspaper reported that after four hours of talks on Tuesday, Tsvangirai stormed out of the meeting.
It cited a senior Zanu-PF official as saying Tsvangirai had told his rivals: "I do not understand the language you are speaking."
But after three days spent mediating power-sharing negotiations to end Zimbabwe's political crisis, Mbeki said he remained "confident" that the talks would find a resolution.
"We have dealt with all the elements on which President Mugabe and Mutambara agree, but there is disagreement on one element over which Morgan Tsvangirai had asked for time to reflect," said Mbeki.
"We have adjourned to give Morgan Tsvangirai more time to consider these matters."
Australian Foreign Minister Stephen Smith told Sky News: "Any so-called government of national unity which did not involve Tsvangirai would effectively be a farce."
Welshman Ncube, secretary general for Mutambara's faction, emphasised that "no deal has been signed by anyone. Dialogue is still continuing".
Tsvangirai finished ahead of Mugabe in the March first round of the presidential election but boycotted the run-off in June.
He believes his first-round total gives him the right to the lion's share of power.
The ruling Zanu-PF has insisted Mugabe must be recognised as president in any deal, because he won the June vote. - Sapa-AFP