1. Do not leave potatoes under direct light because they will turn green very quickly.
2. To ripen an avocado quickly cover it in newspaper and place it in the cupboard. It should ripen in a day.
3. Do not leave bananas in the fridge or freezer as they will turn black.
4. There are more than 1400 different types of apples. Apple juice is a powerful cleanser and a general tonic for the entire system. They have an abundance of vitamins A and C. The juice is strong-tasting and may be diluted with water or mixed with other fruit or vegetable juices such as carrots, cucumbers or melons. To keep apple juice from turning brown, juice a lemon before juicing the apples.
5. Don't wash vegetables before refrigerating - wash before eating. Too much moisture is detrimental and can cause lettuce to turn brown, for example.