Tue Oct 25 12:30:39 SAST 2016
Former Wits SRC President Mcebo Dlamini. Picture Credit: Gallo Images
Reports that Dlamini on hunger strike false

Correctional Services spokesman Manelisi Wolela has denied allegations that student leader Mcebo Dla.

Muti boy's family are seething

By unknown | May 23, 2008 | COMMENTS [ 0 ]

Benson Ntlemo

Benson Ntlemo

The family members of Fortune Khumalo, 8, who had his genitals cut off last year, were fuming yesterday after the sentencing of muti merchant Lucky Simango, was postponed for the second time by the Malamulele regional court.

The court postponed the case to June 19 after the prosecution asked that sentence not be passed before the state called the doctor who had examined the boy at the George Mkhari Hospital in Garankuwa.

It is the second time that the case has been postponed.

After Simango was convicted of attempted murder, the state asked that sentencing be postponed until the doctor who examined the victim had testified.

Fortune's father, Thomas Khumalo, yesterday said: "Each time we come to court we feel the pain the boy felt when he was assaulted by Simango."

Khumalo's lawyer, Headman Gininda, said he was opposed to the postponement.

"He has been in prison since his arrest 10 months ago and conditions in prison are harsh," Gininda, said. "It is time he knew his fate."

Fortune was playing soccer with friends when he went into a field to relieve himself. There he was attacked by Simango who cut off his genitals. Simango was later found with the parts in his possession.


Login OR Join up TO COMMENT