The new public protector says she will leave the dispute over the state capture report prepared by h.
Nkosana Lekotjolo and Sne Masuku
The Congress of South African Students (Cosas) says the Grade 12 pupils are not ready for the matric rewrite examinations that started on Monday last week.
Cosas president Kenny Motshegoa says all the provinces are experiencing problems with the implementation of the Second Chance Programme.
"Pupils are not ready to write because of the limited time they were given to prepare," Motshegoa says. "Now we have a situation in which pupils are overloaded with work."
He says he was informed that there is not even a budget for the programme in KwaZulu-Natal, resulting in some teachers abandoning pupils. KwaZulu-Natal's Cosas predicts that those who failed will fail again because of the problems in the programme.
More than 100000 pupils in the province have enrolled to write the exam. The province has the highest number of pupils who failed last year.
Spokesman Isaac Luthuli says the provincial education department has no clue about what it is doing.
The programme is the national Education Department's initiative to allow 165000 full-time and part-time candidates who failed last year's final examinations to rewrite this year.
Several pupils at some examination centres in Gauteng have also expressed dissatisfaction with preparations for the exams.
The exam is scheduled to finish on June 18.