Wed Oct 26 15:27:20 CAT 2016
Former Wits SRC President Mcebo Dlamini. Picture Credit: Gallo Images
Dlamini ‘in facility where gays and police are placed’

Gauteng Community Safety MEC Sizakele Nkosi-Malobane on Tuessday reassured the public that student l.

Axed KZN health official set to sue

By unknown | May 14, 2008 | COMMENTS [ 0 ]

Mary Papayya

Mary Papayya

Former KwaZulu-Natal provincial health department head Busi Nyembezi says she will go to court to clear her name.

Nyembezi, who was suspended last year, resigned from her post last month.

She alleged that a relentless campaign was being waged by certain senior officials in the department to "discredit her name and her reputation".

"The people of this province and country deserve to know the truth, which is why I will be taking the matter to court to separate fact from fiction once and for all," Nyembezi said.

She particularly wants to clear her name of "erroneous and defamatory stories" that she had defrauded the department of more than R15million.

"Variations of the story was published for about six weeks between August and October 2007," she said.

What was important, she said, was for the court to determine whether or not she had defrauded the department and how.

She also said she would contest the findings and recommendations of the "so-called Strauss Daly report", which was based on "hearsay that was never objectively tested".

The report by law firm Strauss Daly, implicated Nyembezi in fraudulent tender activities and recommended that she be fired.


Login OR Join up TO COMMENT