In another twist involving the public protector’s office‚ the Minister of Co-operative Governance an.
Karate Organisation of South Africa (Matsushima) president Shihan Peter "Poison" Thage has lashed out at the SABC for discontinuing Warriors, a programme that catered for martial arts.
This was after the SABC broadcast the last programme last Saturday. The show has since been replaced by a new one airing other sporting codes.
However, the SABC has not shed any light on the new show and which sporting codes will be beamed.
It has recommended to Kosa that a small martial arts segment will be included if the organisation agrees to their proposal.
Producer Althea Jarvis said: "It means we will not cover as many martial arts as we have in the past."
The SABC's stance comes in the wake of Kosa requesting the broadcaster to cover a karate tournament on March 29 at Boipatong Hall in the Vaal.
But Kosa's request was turned down, hence Thage's anger. "I am shocked to learn that the programme had been discontinued," said Thage.