Thu Oct 27 01:10:45 SAST 2016
Former Wits SRC President Mcebo Dlamini. Picture Credit: Gallo Images
Dlamini ‘in facility where gays and police are placed’

Gauteng Community Safety MEC Sizakele Nkosi-Malobane on Tuessday reassured the public that student l.

It's better to take up matter with Kia experts

By unknown | Feb 06, 2008 | COMMENTS [ 0 ]

Dear Editor

Dear Editor

I read in your paper, January 16 2008 (Sowetan Road Rave) and would like to know if you have the contact number of a person I can speak to about my Kia Shuma's converter care.

I have had problems with my car in the past few weeks and took it to a Kia dealership. They said I need to replace my converter, but from what they say it doesn't seem that will sort out my problems.

Vuyiswa Mamputa

Dear Vuyiswa

Assuming that proper tests were done and the problem correctly traced to the converter, the fact that the engine was running poorly would point to a blocked converter.

In such a case, merely replacing the converter will not solve the problem for long (the one exception being that when the converter has suffered physical damage - knocks or dents are visible from the outside).

If a converter gets blocked by meltdown or by excessive build-up of internal deposits, there's usually a problem somewhere else which must first be rectified, otherwise it's a waste of money to replace the converter.

The oxygen (lambda) sensor mounted on the exhaust pipe, just upstream of the converter, is often the culprit. Sometimes the problem of poor running can be cured by simply replacing this sensor.

We suggest that you take up the matter with the Kia technical representative in your area whose phone number the dealer will have.

Failing that, you can contact the public relations officer of Kia, Michaela Pazdera on 011-457-0200, or, as a last resort, the Motor Industries Ombudsman by fax to 012-348-9303.


Login OR Join up TO COMMENT