The new public protector says she will leave the dispute over the state capture report prepared by h.
The isiZulu saying Lugotshwa lusemanzi means: bend a branch while it is young and supple.
But well-meaning parents can sometimes be too harsh and have unrealistic expectations of their young ones. A reader e-mailed this anonymous Children's Commandments to encourage parents to exercise patience. Being Children's Month, we thought it fitting to share it with the readers.
A child's ten commandments for parents:
1. My hands are small; please don't expect perfection when I make my bed, draw a picture or throw a ball. My legs are short; please slow down so that I can keep up with you.
2. My eyes have not seen the world as yours have; please let me explore safely; don't restrict me unnecessarily.
3. Housework will always be there. I'm only little for such a short time - please take the time to explain things to me about this wonderful world - and do so willingly.
4. My feelings are tender; please be sensitive to my needs; don't nag me all day long. (You wouldn't want to be nagged for your inquisitiveness). Treat me as you would like to be treated.
5. I am a special gift; please treasure me as my Creator intended you to, holding me accountable for my actions, giving me guidelines to live by and disciplining me in a loving manner.
6. I need your encouragement, not just your praise, to grow. Please go easy on the criticism; criticise the things I do without criticising me.
7. Please give me the freedom to make decisions about myself. Permit me to fail, so that I can learn from my own mistakes. Then some day, I will be prepared to make the kind of decisions life will require of me.
8. Please don't do things over for me. Somehow that makes me feel that my efforts didn't quite measure up to your expectations. I know it's hard, but please don't try to compare me to my brother or sister.
9. Please don't be afraid to leave for a weekend together. Kids need a vacation from parents, just as parents need vacations from kids. Besides it's a great way to show kids that your marriage is very special.
10. Please set a good example for me to follow in all the ways of life. I enjoy watching the things you do and want to do them just like you do.