Tue Oct 25 21:28:15 SAST 2016
Mkhwebane leaves Zuma‚ Van Rooyen interdicts

The new public protector says she will leave the dispute over the state capture report prepared by h.

ANC probes Mandela Bay

By unknown | Sep 06, 2007 | COMMENTS [ 0 ]

Vuyolwethu Sangotsha

Vuyolwethu Sangotsha

The ANC leadership in the Nelson Mandela Bay region yesterday said they were not unsettled by rumours that the party's general secretary Kgalema Motlanthe is planning to disband the region.

Motlanthe is currently auditing ANC members in the party structures nationwide, for the upcoming ANC conference in Limpopo in December.

But this is not the case with Nelson Mandela Bay.

Apart from the "normal" auditing for the national conference, regional secretary, Mthiwabo Ndube, said Motlanthe also investigated their region for alleged irregularities.

"During our regional conference in April, delegates led by former mayor Nceba Faku, queried membership of the region and claimed there were irregulaties," said Ndube.

He said the dissatisfied group wrote a letter to Motlanthe, expressing their unhappiness and later met him.

Motlanthe sent a task team to investigate, Ndube said. The matter was handled by the ANC's national working committee and national executive council, said Ndube.

"The group, led by Faku, is spreading rumours that we are going to be disbanded, but we are still waiting for the task team to let us know their findings," he added.

But, he shot down speculation that the Nelson Mandela Bay leadership had asked President Thabo Mbeki to intervene and were to meet him.

When contacted for comment, ANC provincial secretary, Siphatho Handi, confirmed that a task team was in the province to investigate.

Handi said the provincial leadership had so far heard nothing from the task team.


Login OR Join up TO COMMENT