Gauteng Community Safety MEC Sizakele Nkosi-Malobane on Tuessday reassured the public that student l.
ANC deputy president, Jacob Zuma, has pledged his "unqualified support" for Zulu King Goodwill Zwelithini as the only king recognised in KwaZulu-Natal.
This follows the controversial claims of equal status with Zwelithini by 11 would-be "kings".
The amakhosi have made submissions to the Nhlapo Commission, asking to be given a status equal to that of the Zulu monarch.
Zuma was speaking at Sibaya Casino, north of Durban, during the Zwelithini's 59th birthday celebrations on Friday night.
The party was attended by political leaders, business people, amakhosi and members of the royal household.
The party was staged by two Durban businessmen, Vivan Reddy and Roy Moodley.
Zuma said he supported the provincial government's recognition of only one king in the province.
"We should set the record straight that we have no other king in the province that we will recognise. We only know King Goodwill Zwelithini as our king," he said.
Five of the amakhosi that made the submission to the Nhlapo Commission have apparently withdrawn their claims after warnings of a "bloodbath" from some of the Zulu monarch's supporters.
The five clans that withdrew their claims were the Ndwandwe, Madlala, Mkhwanazi, Mavuso and Msomi.
Reggie Khumalo, KwaZulu- Natal cultural expert, said it was a good move for the five amakhosi to withdraw their claims.
"They have realised that they made a mistake. There was a third force behind their actions," he said.
Khumalo said it was shocking that the commission accepted the claims of amakhosi. He said they were not traceable in Zulu national history.
"There are people who have been izinduna (officials) and headmen who have now been sworn in as amakhosi. I do not even know where the commission obtained the information.
"The issue of the Nhlapo Commission is political motivated," he said.
Khumalo warned that one day the commission would "wake up saying King Goodwill was not the legitimate king because they do not talk with people who know the history of the nation".
He accused President Thabo Mbeki of "forming" the commission to address a feud in Eastern Cape and Mpumalanga where many people had previously claimed to be royalty.