The PSL has not budged on its ultimatum to Mamelodi Sundowns to make a decision on their participation in the 2007 Telkom Charity Cup.
This came after the Confederation of African Football turned down the club's request to have their game against CS Sfaxien on the weekend of August 4 and 5 postponed.
Downs' away Confederation Cup group stages match against the Tunisians will be played on the same weekend as the Charity Cup that is scheduled for Mmabatho Stadium.
The Brazilians are the defending champions of the South African soccer season opening tournament, which coach Gordon Igesund said they wanted to defend. Igesund added that there was no way Sundowns would field a second-string team in the Charity Cup.
Afzal Khan, Sundowns' executive director, said they were still waiting for the PSL to send them a letter regarding last week's statement. But PSL general manager Andrew Dipela was adamant that they communicated with Sundowns on the matter.
"A letter was prepared but the CEO [Trevor Phillips] took the route of interacting with Sundowns president [Patrice Motsepe] to explain the position of the league.
"We are engaging Sundowns to reach an amicable solution," said Dipela.
On Thursday night, Igesund said Sundowns were planning to do well this season, both locally and abroad. The PSL announced last week that the club finishing fifth on the voting chart will replace Sundowns, should they opt to go to Tunisia after qualifying.
Should they withdraw from the Confederation Cup, CAF will ban Sundowns from all its competitions for three years.
Meanwhile, Silver Stars maintained their lead in the Charity Cup votes after accumulating a massive 154868 votes at the time of going to press. Sundowns were second with 73431, followed by Kaizer Chiefs (69762), Orlando Pirates (65421) and Bloemfontein Celtic (38705).