Sat Oct 22 18:32:08 SAST 2016

AC Milan fail in bid to sign silky Eto'o

By unknown | Jul 23, 2007 | COMMENTS [ 0 ]

BARCELONA - Adriano Galliani, the vice president of Italian giants and European champions AC Milan has admitted defeat in his bid to sign Cameroon striker Samuel Eto'o.

"Eto'o is staying at Barcelona as well as Ronaldinho, neither is for sale," Galliani said.

Eto'o previously has said he had been flattered by Milan's interest but insisted he was happy to stay in Spain.

"I am proud that they consider me so highly, but I am happy to play for Barcelona," Eto'o said.

"Milan is one of the world's great clubs and they fully deserved to win the Champions League last season," added the 26-year-old Cameroon international.

Barcelona's chairman insisted earlier this week that "Eto'o is not for sale", adding the forward was "a reference, not just for Barca but world football".

AC Milan also failed in their bid to sign Ronaldinho from Barcelona this summer. - BBC


Login OR Join up TO COMMENT