Twenty-eight female guards were unfairly dismissed by a security company because the client‚ Metrora.
The SABC's decision to again withdraw the controversial documentary on President Thabo Mbeki was an indication that there is communication chaos at the organisation.
"This is another indication of chaos inside the broadcaster, where different units of the same organisation talk past one another, and then end up working against each other," said Jane Duncan, executive director of the Freedom of Expression Institute (FXI).
The documentary, entitled Unauthorised: Thabo Mbeki, produced by Broad Daylight Productions, is a story about the life of Mbeki. It focuses on his path to the presidency.
This is the second time that the SABC has withdrawn the documentary at the last minute. It was to have been screened yesterday but was withdrawn on Friday.
Duncan said the withdrawal of the documentary confirms the impression that the public cannot trust the scheduling information the SABC puts out.
The documentary was scheduled to be broadcast on May 17 last year, but was withdrawn at the last moment because, in the SABC's words, it was "incurably defamatory" of the president.
SABC spokesman Kaizer Kganyago said: "When we withdrew the documentary last year we said we would announce its screening when we are ready, and we will."