Principal of the Hlokohloko Primary School, Anton Matenjwa, 45, and his two alleged hitmen made a brief appearance in the Empangeni regional court yesterday.
The three appeared in connection with the deaths of two teachers from the school.
The case was postponed to April 2 and the men have been remanded into custody.
They were not asked to plead.
A fourth suspect, the school governing body chairman, was released because of insufficient evidence.
Bonisiwe Mthenjane, 34, and Philile Ntuli, 43, went missing a week ago.
One of the alleged hitmen confessed to their killings.
On Friday he and his alleged accomplice showed police where they had dumped the bodies.
They also said they were promised R1000 each by Matenjwa.
Mthenjane had been conducting a probe into corruption and the mismanagement of school funds . Her probe allegedly implicated Matenjwa and the chairman of the SGB.
Police spokesman Jabulani Mdletshe said it was alleged that Matenjwa hired the men to murder Mthenjane and Ntuli.
"He saw that the case was going to cost him his job and life," he said.
A memorial service was held at the school yesterday.