The new public protector says she will leave the dispute over the state capture report prepared by h.
The state will go ahead with the rape trial of King William's Town doctor Sizwe Mxenge.
It is alleged that Mxenge raped one of his patients in Bhisho last year.
Earlier this year Sowetan reported that Mxenge's lawyer, Ronnie Lesele, had claimed that the deputy director of public prosecutions, Zola Sotenjwa, had promised not to prosecute Mxenge.
Lesele testified in the Zwelitsha magistrates' court on January15 that he had liaised with both Sontenjwa and his office about the case and he had been told that "the state will not prosecute because it [the charge] is a waste of time".
The trial was delayed for about four months after Lesele's testimony.
He claimed the defence was in possession of a tape recording in which the alleged victim told Mxenge: "You did not rape me."
But last week Sontenjwa sent Lesele a letter telling him that a decision had been made for the prosecution to go ahead. The trial was postponed to March 31.