Wed Oct 26 23:23:23 SAST 2016
Former Wits SRC President Mcebo Dlamini. Picture Credit: Gallo Images
Dlamini ‘in facility where gays and police are placed’

Gauteng Community Safety MEC Sizakele Nkosi-Malobane on Tuessday reassured the public that student l.

Serial rapist still hurts two women

By unknown | Mar 09, 2007 | COMMENTS [ 0 ]

Khanyisile Nkosi

Khanyisile Nkosi

Two women yesterday revealed how their lives changed after their paths crossed that of Mongezi Jinxela, Gauteng's alleged serial sex predator.

A 24-year-old woman from Hillbrow told the Johannesburg high court that she was only 19 when she met Jinxela on August 7 2001.

"I was walking along Nugget Street looking for employment when this man approached me and asked me if I was looking for employment," said the young woman.

"He told me he was a supervisor where he worked and offered me a job. I agreed to go with him because I was desperate for a job. He said I was very lucky that he gave me a job,"

She said she was shocked when Jinxela instead took her to a veld near Highgate shopping centre where he raped and robbed her.

She said the rape affected her badly.

"I couldn't talk to my family about it and I thought people in the street were aware that I had been raped," she said.

Another woman, 30, said after her rape on May 9 2000 she lost trust in men.

"I kept to myself and did not want to go out."

The state alleges that Jinxela, 38, used the same employment-offer trick to lure 63 other women.

Of the 29 women that have testified against Jinxela, one has revealed that he infected her with the deadly HI virus.

The women testified that Jinxela did not use a condom when he allegedly raped them.

The trial continues.


Login OR Join up TO COMMENT