Thu Oct 27 01:05:05 SAST 2016
Former Wits SRC President Mcebo Dlamini. Picture Credit: Gallo Images
Dlamini ‘in facility where gays and police are placed’

Gauteng Community Safety MEC Sizakele Nkosi-Malobane on Tuessday reassured the public that student l.

'I won't forget my children, but now I can be at peace with their death'

By unknown | Feb 05, 2007 | COMMENTS [ 0 ]

Pumza Fihlani

Pumza Fihlani

After nearly two years, Nobuhle Ndlebe finally buried her twin babies yesterday.

The service, which was attended by about twenty people, took place in Nazareth at Mzimkhulu in KwaZulu-Natal.

Lindokuhle and Lindelani were born on October 28 2005 at the Natalspruit Hospital but died shortly after birth.

Lindokuhle's body was involved in a mix-up which led to him being mistakenly given to a woman from Bergville in KwaZulu-Natal, whose family buried the child in June.

Cards of deceit and lies were dealt to Ndlebe by the Gauteng health department, who were the cause of her pain.

Yesterday was the end of a long and painful road for their 35-year-old mother Ndlebe as she finally said goodbye to her children.

The mother, who has been reduced to skin and bones because of the severe stress she has suffered, gazed into space as the few relatives and friends took turns to share their condolences with her.

Her face was expressionless; she sat there as if oblivious to what was happening around her.

Not one tear fell from her eyes. All she did was to let out a heavy sigh after the last "Amen" was said.

After the service Ndlebe returned to the mattress in a rondavel where she had spent most of the morning sitting and began to speak to her family.

"It is done. After all I have been through it is finally done," she said in a shaking voice.

"I never thought I would see the day when my children would be lying as peacefully as they are now.

"Now I can put this terrible ordeal behind me.

"I will not forget my children but now I can be at peace with their death," she said before breaking down.

Ndlebe said she would stay in Mzimkhulu for a while because she needed to regain her strength.

No official from the Gauteng health department was present at the funeral.


Login OR Join up TO COMMENT