Sun Oct 23 10:05:59 CAT 2016
‘How varsity protest forced me to live in a shelter’

The Fees Must Fall protests had dire consequences for café employee Eddie at the University of Cape .

I'm still with Uefa - Olsson

By unknown | Feb 02, 2007 | COMMENTS [ 99 ]

LONDON -Swede Lars-Christer Olsson denied yesterday that he had resigned as Uefa's chief executive.

But his immediate future as the senior management official of European soccer's governing body remained highly uncertain.

Olsson, 57, was a very close ally of compatriot Lennart Johansson, who was voted out of office after 17 years as Uefa president last Friday, losing the presidential election to Frenchman Michel Platini, pictured, at the Uefa Congress in Duesseldorf.

Platini has made no secret of his intention to take a far greater role as executive president of the organisation, which would make Olsson's position untenable.

A Uefa source told Reuters: "The feeling here is now not if he will leave, but when."

Olsson has been Uefa's highest management official since succeeding Gerhard Aigner in January 2004 but he denied Swedish media reports that he had already quit.

He told Expressen newspaper: "I have not handed in my resignation. It is still unclear how things will turn out, but for the moment I am still here."

However, there have been a series of meetings at Uefa's headquarters at Nyon in Switzerland this week and Olsson is expected to address Uefa employees at a staff meeting today.

Olsson has had a major impact at Uefa in his three years as chief executive. - Reuters

Sep 20, 2011 3:29 | 0 replies

bona go no boy and u sne must go to GP, or she must go with you and boy.I dont trust u mike like you dont trust anyone ka nna.

Sep 21, 2011 2:38 | 0 replies

Lol-no I cant go with uboy he might get traumatised seeing me and other family members crying hayi cha ngeke.

well i trust sne,i cant leave dudu alone with mike ,if they are three i might feel better

Sep 21, 2011 2:42 | 0 replies

he has long done u Dudu manje udliwa unyembeza,dont you think he will make usne's life difficult?or let usne and u boy go to GP.

Sep 21, 2011 2:46 | 0 replies

NO NEVER,HE is not that cold.he loves his son too much.He can never chase sne and boy,yes most of the time he is a monster mara he is a good guy.

Sep 21, 2011 2:48 | 0 replies

Sep 21, 2011 2:53 | 0 replies

dudu is

Sep 21, 2011 2:56 | 0 replies

Well ispan sakho?usne is gonna stand in for you?

Sep 21, 2011 2:56 | 0 replies

no,there will be no one here,just the lady e rec no mike and the other guy.

Sep 21, 2011 2:58 | 0 replies

U busy yini?

Sep 21, 2011 3:3 | 0 replies

well dont know what tosay except i love you my beautiful dimple.

Sep 21, 2011 3:4 | 0 replies