Hopes for the safe return of the four missing crew members who were on board a vessel off the Kwazulu-Natal south coast have faded.
Yesterday sea rescue officials declared the men "presumed dead" - after five days of searching for the vessel.
The search for the four men was launched on Friday after the crew were reported missing.
Spokesman for the National Sea Rescue Institute Craig Lambinon said the men had been identified as Bruce Shane van Wyk, 30, from Port Elizabeth; Andrew Jegels, 51, from Mossel Bay; Thierry Gombuka, 38; and Moegamed Borsardien, 55, from Cape Town.
"It has been determined in and an ongoing search that the vessel Hawk is suspected to have met her fate from unknown causes in the vicinity of Port Shepstone," Lambinon said.