Two extremes: rich vs poor - WORLD PHOTOS
Philippine family has 5 housemaids!
The Philippines was Asia's fastest-growing economy in the first three months of this year, but not all of the population has benefited equally from the boom.
In recent years the rich have been enjoying significantly faster growth in income compared with people from middle and low income classes, according to an article by the Secretary General of the country's National Statistical Coordination Board (NSCB).
The Philippines poverty rate was running close to 28 percent in the first half of 2012 - a figure the current government wants to cut by nearly half.
- Inside the Oscar Pistorius trial 8 days ago
- 'This will be the game of my life' 22 hrs ago
- Isibaya reigns supreme at the 2014 Royalty Soapie Awards - PHOTOS 1 day ago
- Whites are paid more: Numsa 23 hrs ago
- CARTOON: Tripartite Alliance 22 hrs ago
- Sangweni given green light to play 22 hrs ago
- Igesund's father dies 18 hrs ago
- The real-life Popeye 18 hrs ago
- Chinese woman cuts off ex-boyfriend's penis, kills him 20 hrs ago
- ANC submits candidate list to IEC 14 hrs ago