Two extremes: rich vs poor - WORLD PHOTOS
Philippine family has 5 housemaids!
The Philippines was Asia's fastest-growing economy in the first three months of this year, but not all of the population has benefited equally from the boom.
In recent years the rich have been enjoying significantly faster growth in income compared with people from middle and low income classes, according to an article by the Secretary General of the country's National Statistical Coordination Board (NSCB).
The Philippines poverty rate was running close to 28 percent in the first half of 2012 - a figure the current government wants to cut by nearly half.
- Gerrie Nel vs Barry Roux - Things you may not know 1 day ago
- Must watch video: 24 people who applied for the world's toughest job were in for quite a surprise 1 day ago
- 'Take him out of the court' - Man removed from Pistorius court for photo 1 day ago
- Soweto: From bullets to BMWs 2 days ago
- Killer spared execution by his victim's mother seconds before death 1 day ago
- Nkandla is a holy space: Mbete 1 day ago
- Igesund accusers to be punished 1 day ago
- Mafikizolo, Uhuru, Davido lead nominations for MTV Africa Music Awards 1 day ago
- Zuma loudly booed: Report 2 days ago
- Is beauty a state of mind? - VIDEOS 1 day ago