NATO urged to investigate civilian deaths in Libya campaign VIDEO
May 16, 2012
The North Atlantic Treaty Organisation has failed to acknowledge dozens of civilian casualties caused by its military campaign in Libya last year, let alone investigate possible unlawful attacks, Human Rights Watch said in a new report. The number of civilian deaths from NATO strikes in Libya was low given the extent of the bombing and duration of the campaign, the report says. Nevertheless, NATO air strikes killed at least 72 civilians at eight different sites, one-third of them children under age 18. Some of those sites were questionable targets, Human Rights Watch said.