Thu Sep 29 08:42:51 SAST 2016
SAA board chairperson Dudu Myeni. Picture Credit: Gallo Images
ANC Youth League has confidence in Myeni

Will Thandi Moraka be taken to task the way Julius Malema was?.

Cobra bites chef 20 minutes AFTER head was cut off

By Sowetan LIVE | Aug 25, 2014 | COMMENTS [ 69 ]

A chef's unusual meal choice came back to bite him, twenty minutes after its head was chopped off.

According to the Mirror, the Indochinese spitting cobra clamped down on chef Peng Fan's hand, injecting him with a fatal shot of venom.

Peng was reportedly tossing the cobra head into the trash when it came back to bite him, authorities said.

The inquisitr.com added that diners who were eating at the restaurant during the headless snake attack recall hearing sudden screams echoing from the kitchen. One of these diners, Lin Sun, described what happened next:

“We were in the restaurant having a meal for my wife’s birthday when suddenly there was a lot of commotion. There were calls for a doctor in the restaurant but unfortunately by the time medical assistance arrived the man had already died. After we heard that we did not continue with our meal.”

Aug 25, 2014 12:50 | 1 replies

KatakataEmaotoAditshepe

Bok do you rally say good?

Aug 25, 2014 1:50 | 0 replies
Aug 25, 2014 12:53 | 0 replies

mgijimi

Why people eat things like snakes, bats, monkeys? these are the same things that cause uncurable viruses on human bodies

Aug 25, 2014 12:53 | 0 replies
Aug 25, 2014 12:54 | 1 replies

Shredder

And you decided to show up when they about snakes? SMH. Where have you been hiding?

Aug 25, 2014 1:6 | 1 replies

Skopokopoza

hahahaha I knew in snakes I will see you hahahaha. Im around and how are you shred?

Aug 25, 2014 1:18 | 1 replies

Shredder

I am okay and you beautiful one?

Aug 25, 2014 1:24 | 1 replies

Skopokopoza

Im good thanks, where is Nongy hey?

Aug 25, 2014 1:25 | 0 replies

ChicksNavigator

This is so Southern Africa in the far North of SA and South of Rodesia

Aug 25, 2014 12:54 | 1 replies
Aug 25, 2014 12:59 | 2 replies

Shredder

He is talking about Limpopo

Aug 25, 2014 1:6 | 0 replies

mgijimi

Lol know your country Mr X, seems you are glued in Cape

Aug 25, 2014 3:29 | 1 replies

RobinX

Actually I do. It's just that what he is saying is completely meaningless.

Aug 26, 2014 11:58 | 0 replies
Aug 25, 2014 12:57 | 1 replies

mopila

yaa kannete that was revenge

Aug 25, 2014 2:30 | 0 replies

Budha

Jaa carnivores (meat eaters whatever) with their craziness. How can you eat snake mara hee?.

Aug 25, 2014 12:59 | 1 replies

RobinX

In my "wild youth" my friends and I killed a boomslang that was threatening to bite my mother. Having read about it, we skinned it and then cooked and ate it, having first pulled out the poison bearing fangs. It was actually delicious. I must say that was the only time and I don't think I would do it again. The boomslang itself was such a "pretty" snake.

Aug 25, 2014 1:47 | 1 replies

Budha

Maybe you need to convert, its never too late. What do you think Rob?

Aug 25, 2014 1:52 | 1 replies

RobinX

COnvert? From what to what?

Aug 25, 2014 1:53 | 1 replies

Budha

To veggies man. Just be a vegetarian and stop with your craziness of eating these things

Aug 25, 2014 2:5 | 1 replies

RobinX

Hey, I eat a veggie meal twice a week, for economic and health reasons, and my one son is a vegetarian. However, I enjoy meat, and have no issues with eating it. I ate snake ONCE, and believe that one should try new things. Curiosity keeps one young.

Aug 25, 2014 2:11 | 1 replies

mgijimi

I agree with you Gumbura on this one, new things indeed are interesting

Aug 25, 2014 3:31 | 0 replies

montlenyane

Hee banna....! so this head was still alive even though it was cut off for 20 minutes....

Aug 25, 2014 1:8 | 2 replies

Shredder

Just like a chicken that runs away with a head been cut off. Watch NATGEO, you will see these things.

Aug 25, 2014 1:21 | 2 replies

Ruralgirl

Heheehe...ke gopola back home....when we used to run after that koko...o e kgaole tlhogo, the next thing the headless body is running around...

Aug 25, 2014 1:29 | 2 replies

Shredder

Haha, i know what you are talking about.

Aug 25, 2014 1:46 | 0 replies

Skopokopoza

yes we did that but today you are arrested, thats cruelty to an animal.

Aug 25, 2014 2:19 | 0 replies

RobinX

HE HE HE, That takes me back, Boet! I used to laugh and laugh at the sight of "afkop-hoenders" racing off after having their heads copped off. They look so funny. Did you ever "hypnotise" chickens as a kid? Also hysterically funny.

Aug 25, 2014 1:49 | 1 replies

Shredder

Hypnotize it? Maybe, I think I once did. It was a chick. I know about the headless chicken. We used to chase it. LOL

Aug 25, 2014 2:1 | 1 replies

RobinX

You lie a chicken on sand or something, with it's neck extended. Then you take a stick or something and draw a line from the beak outward for about 15 inches or so. Thje chicken will then just lie and there and make this odd gurgling sound for quite a while, maybe up to 20 minutes.... and it goes off laying for a day or two. Very funny to see. Kids' stuff, I know, but hey I was a kid when I did those things.

Aug 25, 2014 2:14 | 1 replies

mgijimi

Seems today your childhood memories came back, it is a nice thing though Rob. when I think of the things I did as a kid I sometimes look at the mirror and laugh at me

Aug 25, 2014 3:35 | 0 replies

RobinX

Not really, but the poison was still in the fangs so if they pierce skin, it's wham......... Like being "stung" by a dead bee.

Aug 25, 2014 1:43 | 0 replies

montlenyane

Mara nna I would rally like to taste a snake......! o kare e ka nna monate...

Aug 25, 2014 1:9 | 3 replies

Ruralgirl

Halo Montleza......wa reng fela ausi? Ke tla go rekela noga otle oe taste autlwa....

Aug 25, 2014 1:25 | 1 replies

Shredder

LOL. Le go oka. Ga nkitla ke ja selo seo. yeah, o e rekele motleza.

Aug 25, 2014 1:48 | 0 replies

RobinX

It tastes delicious.

Aug 25, 2014 1:53 | 0 replies

Budha

Montlenyane a nare o batla go swa. Moipolai ga lelelwe. Ruralgirl will help you anyway

Aug 25, 2014 1:56 | 0 replies

MommaC

There is a nasty part of me that always feels happy when nature bites back.

Aug 25, 2014 1:13 | 1 replies

Ruralgirl

Heheeheh....MC... please be nice to the poor chef....remember the guy was just preparing food...to feed people....haibo...do you eat meat?

Aug 25, 2014 1:27 | 1 replies

MommaC

Yes, I do eat meat. I don't, however, eat carnivores. The rule is that you never eat something that would eat you first :)

Aug 25, 2014 1:30 | 3 replies

Ruralgirl

hahaaha... I get you...

Aug 25, 2014 1:39 | 0 replies

Guptanistan1

LOL MC as things turn out, PIgs can be classified as Carnivores, so are sharks but ppl eat their meat, its all confusing, who is eating who, lol

Aug 25, 2014 1:50 | 1 replies

MommaC

I wouldn't eat shark but ..... bacon! Porkies taste sooooo nyummie.

Aug 25, 2014 2:9 | 0 replies

Budha

MommaC can you please tell that to RobinX. He seems to be quite encouraging that crazy meal in here

Aug 25, 2014 2:3 | 2 replies

MommaC

Crazy is relative. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly. If you go to the far east, they eat anything that doesn't move fast enough - spiders, snakes, roaches, you name it!

Aug 25, 2014 2:12 | 0 replies

RobinX

Oh come off it Budha! I am not "encouraging it. I was simply relaying an anecdote out of my youth, when I ONCE cooked a snake. Jeez, get some perspective.

Aug 25, 2014 2:28 | 0 replies

Ruralgirl

Yha neh....indeed we are yet to see and hear more shocking news! Life is really interesting - we learn news things daily!

Aug 25, 2014 1:26 | 1 replies