Tue Sep 27 03:53:09 SAST 2016

Bride set on fire by groom after cheating on wedding day

By Sowetan Live | Aug 19, 2014 | COMMENTS [ 109 ]

A bride's moment of indiscretion led to the loss of her life.

According to the Dailymail, the bride was doused with alcohol and set on fire by her new husband after he found out that she had slept with her ex-lover on their wedding night.

The 27-year-old Veronika Filippova died after suffering burns to 80 percent of her body.

Filippova had reportedly slept with her ex as an act of revenge after her husband Ivan Kuzmin, 30, fell asleep drunk at their wedding reception.

She then decided to confess everything to her husband after being overcome with guilt.

Kuzmin allegedly reacted by dousing her with neat alcohol before setting her on fire with a cigarette lighter.

'He set her on fire when she was sleeping, pouring alcohol on her and our Veronica is gone,' one of Filippova's relatives reportedly wrote in an online posting.

He confessed to murder after being arrested by police in Volgograd in southern Russia.

Filippova was the mother of a ten-year-old boy whom she had with her first husband.

Aug 19, 2014 11:56 | 3 replies

Shredder

You better say it before Hosh6 and Vendalious say it. LOL

Aug 19, 2014 11:58 | 1 replies
Aug 19, 2014 1:13 | 0 replies

coconut_Twii

lol! Russians are great. Confessions are the problem unless 1:1 with a priest.

Aug 19, 2014 12:44 | 0 replies

Mamlamb0

That guy must have really been angry. Russians don't just waste alcohol like that for nothing. Can't do anything for the woman now... I feel sorry for the boy

Aug 20, 2014 9:7 | 0 replies

mgijimi

Stupid woman, how can you sleep with someone on your wedding day, women do not know what they want really

Aug 19, 2014 11:58 | 2 replies

SO @MGIJIMI BASOP,,,UNGASHADI ISIFEBE SON

Aug 19, 2014 12:18 | 2 replies

mgijimi

S.cold I doubt I will get married in the next 10 years, life is good without marriage

Aug 19, 2014 1:59 | 1 replies

I LIKE I LIKE MY MAN!!!

Aug 19, 2014 2:18 | 0 replies

Mshovekahle

S.Cold I saw your pic on profile uyisikhokho sabantwana

Aug 19, 2014 3:47 | 1 replies

USIBONE KANJANI BABA!!!!

Aug 19, 2014 3:59 | 0 replies

Mshovekahle

Ubunja sies man

Aug 19, 2014 1:13 | 1 replies

ONFORTUNATELY SIPHILA NABO,,,EVEN NE EX I WRONG

Aug 19, 2014 1:27 | 0 replies

Maduvula

they both confessed! lesson: don't confess to cheating or killing!

Aug 19, 2014 11:59 | 2 replies

mgijimi

an uncle of mine told me that even if you are caught red handed never admit to cheating to your partner coz it will back fire

Aug 19, 2014 2:0 | 0 replies

Mamlamb0

Yes. If you are going to learn any lessons from your president, learn this one: the truth will not set you free.

Aug 20, 2014 9:2 | 1 replies

Mgcotsh

Instead you will be set alight

Aug 21, 2014 10:58 | 0 replies

Shredder

"after he found out that she had slept with her ex-lover on their wedding night."

Yerrrrrr!!! unopatanzana. The guy must have been heart-broken. I taught myself never to do my ex.

Aug 19, 2014 12:0 | 2 replies

SilentPartna

@Shredder, I don't believe you, even if she were to offer?

Aug 19, 2014 12:4 | 2 replies

Shredder

I stay away from ex girlfriends.

Aug 19, 2014 12:50 | 0 replies

Shredder

On a different note. there is only one... I think I can do (Note, I think). hahaha. The rest I won't.

Aug 19, 2014 12:52 | 0 replies

Mshovekahle

Noapatazana kavavi

Aug 19, 2014 1:14 | 0 replies

Dubulaamanzi

Lets wait for Sowetan feminists who forever accuse men of cheating!

Aug 19, 2014 12:0 | 1 replies

oldlady12

Dubul, you're confused. Here's a perfect example of what we're always saying. An agressive male who murders the woman, instead of divorcing her.

Aug 19, 2014 12:37 | 0 replies

s.cold

LOL!!! VERY SAD IVE BEEN ATTENDING MY GIRLFRIENDS WEDDINGS ALL MY LIFE,,,SO I WOULD EXPECT NYANTSI THE DAY NGISHADA,,,,CHEAT!NG INTO EKHONA LET US LIVE WITH IT,,,,,,,,,AND IF NGIZOSHADA,,,NGIYOMUTSHELA UMAKHWAPHENI UKUTHI NGIYASHADA KEPHA KHONA ABABH3BHA UMFAZI WAMI,,,BESE NGITHI NGINGAKUBAMBI MSUN WAKHO NGOBA O TLO NY3LA

Aug 19, 2014 12:1 | 0 replies

Maduvula

if I were this guy I would have walked out, have you realized that after you've committed to marriage, you realize she wasn't the right person for you, or there's so much you don't like about her!

Aug 19, 2014 12:3 | 0 replies

SilentPartna

Till death do us part, ba kgaogantswe ke loso.

Aug 19, 2014 12:4 | 0 replies

lule

getting married for the wrong reasons.........the order of 20 century.

Aug 19, 2014 12:10 | 0 replies

Home_wrecker

I once gave my ex a bj and the kissed my bf. I felt guilty, but i never told him. Moral of the story: shut up or else...

Aug 19, 2014 12:20 | 3 replies

Maduvula

and I have learned over the years that a woman who had an encounter with the ex, is so generous, she can wake you at night to erase that guilt,

Aug 19, 2014 12:27 | 1 replies

s.cold

TRUE THAT MFANAKITHI,,,,,SHE'LL BE LOVEY DOVEY AND RUB YOUR FEET LOLO!!!!!

Aug 19, 2014 12:31 | 0 replies

s.cold

HA HA HA HA HA HA THERE IS A LADY HERE KO NEXT DOOR,,SHE IS MARRIED,,HER HUSBAND ALWAYS CALL UMA ESEZOM PICK UP,,,,SO WE FUKC IN MY OFFICE,,,SOMETIMES USHAYA I BJ,,,,AND THEN AHAMBE AYOQABULA I HUSBAND YAKHE,,,,YOU REMIND ME OF HER,,,,,,,DIRTY THINGS NINA MA CHERRY

Aug 19, 2014 12:29 | 2 replies

Shredder

So the husband also tastes the dirt from your d!ck. SMH

Aug 19, 2014 12:55 | 2 replies

Mshovekahle

Not husband Boyfriend

Aug 19, 2014 1:22 | 1 replies

Shredder

I say husband, you twit. Can't you read?

Aug 19, 2014 1:31 | 1 replies

Mshovekahle

Askies ndisuke ndaphandlwa

Aug 19, 2014 1:46 | 1 replies

mgijimi

Lol tshotsho uzoyeka uphendula ungaqwalaselanga

Aug 19, 2014 2:5 | 0 replies

THATS TRUE @V

Aug 19, 2014 1:31 | 0 replies

Nkwesheng!!

Hahaha malome s.banda. I had this one with a heavy drinker BF. She used to sneak me to the unused bedroom pass him lying blackout in front of the tv.

Aug 19, 2014 1:24 | 4 replies

Shredder

One day the guy would pretend to be drunk. I tell you, masepa a tla ella le metsi boy.

Aug 19, 2014 1:32 | 1 replies

Nkwesheng!!

Kwaakwa buti Shredder. He liked spinza too much to pretend that one plus we locked the door. When we finish,she go out first to check him.

Aug 19, 2014 1:39 | 1 replies

s.cold

MY FRIEND ONCE TRIED THAT BUT THE BIACH TOLD ME THE NEXT MORNING,,,,,,,GUESS WHAT,,,I WAS HIS NIGHTMARE UNTIL HE DIED

Aug 19, 2014 1:44 | 1 replies

Nkwesheng!!

Kwakwa. Wna malome s.banda.what did you do to the poor guy?Eseng gore o moloyile na? Why is he oorla now?Sometimes friends are full of matjimba yaz. Especially if they spot that the girl is the weak type, they go for her behind your back. One of mine spent the whole night at the window of one of my GF begging her to open for him. After I heard, I did not ask him. I did the same with three of his cherries and I got layed.

Aug 19, 2014 2:3 | 1 replies

s.cold

I DIDNT KILL HIM,,,,HE WAS KILLED BY HIV,,HE WAS IN DENIAL,,,,,,,,,,,,,IT NATURAL BOSS,,,PEOPLE WHO ARE CLOSE TO YOU AUTOMATICALLY THEY WILL BE CLOSE TO HER,,AND BAZOKGALA IZINJA,,,,,MY CHIC IS NOT WEAK BUT EISH THOSE GUYS ARE MORE LOADED AS COMPARED TO ME,,,,,,,,,,I WONDER WHAT WILL HAPPEN UMA BE MEET SOMEWHERE WITHOUT MY PRESENCE,,,,,,I WONT KILL MY FRIEND BUT I WILL SEND MY CROOKS AKO THEMBISA

Aug 19, 2014 2:24 | 1 replies

Nkwesheng!!

Nawe malome s.banda. Why you take your best chick to your loaded friends? Noe if they give her lift you will be suspicious. Nna I don't support that you send amajita to sort such thing out. Just walk away, there are too many women in the world yaz.

Aug 19, 2014 2:38 | 1 replies

s.cold

IM NOT A COWARD,,,I WANT THOSE BIACHES TO BE ABLE TO DEFEND THEMSELVES OF WHICH THEY ALL FAIL DISMALLY

Aug 19, 2014 2:49 | 1 replies

Nkwesheng!!

Malome s.banda again I agree with you that some trouble friends like that can be useful to test how strong is your GF. If they try her and she does not tell you then you know that one day she can consider what they say. Sometime the GF don't tell you because she don't want to cause fight because of her.

Aug 19, 2014 3:0 | 0 replies

RISK BABA,,,COS NGINGAKUDUBULA STRAIGHT

Aug 19, 2014 1:33 | 1 replies

Nkwesheng!!

I am not a fool wena malome s.banda. He did not have pipe that teacher. Wena malome s.banda you say this as if you will refuse if she call you. Sumtime risky s3x is great.

Aug 19, 2014 1:43 | 1 replies

s.cold

YAHHHH THEY ALL HAVE THE VERY SAME MENTALITY NIZOFA SON,,,I DO IT BUT IN MY OWN PLACE

Aug 19, 2014 1:52 | 1 replies

Nkwesheng!!

Wena malome s.banda uthi nizofa son. Who say in your own place the BF wont come and shoot you if it is time? Mara I agree that a womans place is not safe even if she say so.

Aug 19, 2014 2:8 | 0 replies

Dkok

if it makes your clock tick Nkwesheng, then by all means keep doing it, mina ke i am not gonna be part of any buf3b3, or b used by any person trying to get back at their bf. I kind of enjoy beeing in charge of a situation than just flowing with the situation. maybe u were not naughty enough while growing up and now u trying to make up for lost time? I dont intentinaly drink my life, i let them enemies do that for me.

Aug 19, 2014 2:2 | 1 replies

Nkwesheng!!

I say that I USED TO, wena malome Dkok. Gape wena malome Dkok nna I don't understand your statement when you say, I DONT INTENTIONALY DRINK MYSELF,I LET THEM ENEMIES DO THAT FOR ME. Does it mean that you don't drink?

Aug 19, 2014 2:13 | 2 replies

Dkok

it means i dont intentionaly put my life at risk, i let the enemies do that

Aug 19, 2014 2:22 | 0 replies

Nkwesheng!!

Malome Dkok now I understand. But if you are not married and you look for a nice GF,already you take her from the mouth of sharks and maybe some ex of hers in denial can come for you unexpected.

Aug 19, 2014 2:43 | 1 replies

Dkok

unless she lies, otherwise knowing that someone is currently doing her is a turn off. remember we havice a high women to men ration so there is always a number of floating ones

Aug 19, 2014 3:3 | 2 replies

Dkok

havice= have, ration = ratio

Aug 19, 2014 3:19 | 0 replies

Nkwesheng!!

Sometimes you don't have time to find out if somebody is doing her. You ask her.If she think that you can be upgrade to her life compare to the present one,she will say there is nobody or that she has an ex,knowing that she will dump him. With some guys,when he gets dumped your life is in serious danger.

Aug 19, 2014 3:24 | 0 replies

mgijimi

Basop baba uyophuma intshebe ijonge phezulu one day(dead)

Aug 19, 2014 2:7 | 1 replies

Nkwesheng!!

Eish I know lena batho. IT WAS IN THE PAST(eMANDULO,KGALE,PAST TENSE,KALE) Now I am not that stupid.

Aug 19, 2014 2:20 | 1 replies

I STILL DO IT,,,,DIRTY LIFE IS MY GAME

Aug 19, 2014 2:28 | 1 replies

Mokoporistojnr

everything has a way of coming back to u sanny (karma), i wonder what u will do when you get caught..........hehehehehehe

Aug 19, 2014 5:28 | 0 replies

SilentPartna

@Home, was this on the same day? ja neh, so you don't kis and tell? I like.

Aug 19, 2014 1:19 | 0 replies

SharpSharp

I didnt know about women but most of the men do that with their ex...

Aug 19, 2014 12:56 | 0 replies