Some easy ways you can help
Jul 18, 2011 | Sowetan | 0 comments
Ways you can honour Mandela Day, if you haven't already volunteered your services elsewhere...
- Put together a food parcel and give it to someone in need.
- Buy blankets or grab a few you no longer need from and give them to a person who needs them.
- Organise a clean-up of your local park, river, beach and so on.
- Donate the clothes you no longer wear to someone who will wear them.
- To the poor shoes can be a luxury - don't hoard shoes you don't use!
Help someone get a job by putting together a CV for them.
Have an HIV test and encourage your partner to do the same.
- Recycle plastic, glass and paper to help environment.