Petrol price to cost over R12 a litre
The petrol price will rise by about 1,9% a litre on Wednesday 3 October, due to higher international prices and a weaker rand currency, the energy department says
The new price of 95 grade petrol in the inland commercial region of Gauteng will increase to 12,20 rand a litre.
The wholesale diesel price will also go up by about 3,7 percent to 11,34 rand.
At the beginning of September, the petrol price went up by 93c/l.
Price increases to be implemented on 3 October:
• Petrol (93 Octane): 21.0 c/l;
• Petrol (95 Octane): 23.0 c/l;
• Diesel (0.05% Sulphur): 39.16 c/l;
• Diesel (0.005% Sulphur): 40.16 c/l;
• IP wholesale: 33.0 c/l;
• SMNRP for IP: 44.0 c/l;
• Maximum Retail Price for LPGas: 3.0 c/kg.