Tue Oct 25 15:59:55 CAT 2016
Former Wits SRC President Mcebo Dlamini. Picture Credit: Gallo Images
Reports that Dlamini on hunger strike false

Correctional Services spokesman Manelisi Wolela has denied allegations that student leader Mcebo Dla.

Doccie brings into focus the life of addicts begging on street corners

By TMG Digital | Apr 23, 2016 | COMMENTS [ 8 ]

The harrowing world of drugs and the devastation it causes is explored in a documentary where investigative journalist De Wet Potgieter took the camera crew into the dark underworld of addiction.

Bedwelmd (Drugged) aims to make the public aware of the harm done by giving money to beggars on the streets of South Africa‚ Solidarity Helping Hand said in a statement on Friday.

The documentary show what life is like on the streets and how the people try to escape from the cycle of addiction. It includes interviews with the managers of rehabilitation centres‚ conversations with rehabilitating and former drug addicts and with a couple anguishing over their son’s addiction.

As part of its study‚ 250 staff members from Helping Hand’s 150 branches‚ as well as supporters and volunteers‚ held boards with unconventional messages at traffic lights to beg. Despite of the ludicrous messages‚ the public still gave them money.

“When the public gives money to beggars on street‚ there is a misconception that the money will be used to support their livelihoods‚” said Danie Brink‚ chief executive of Helping Hand.

The documentary was released at the Atterbury Theatre in Pretoria on Thursday and it can be viewed on www.geereg.co.za.

Gentlemen feeling lonenly, Call 0712917336\0734323005\0733745757\0123587256 if you want some hot adult action now for only R50 per session (Xhosa Ladies)

Apr 23, 2016 9:13 | 1 replies

I don't think certain Xhosa 'Ladies' would take kindly to your suggestion, LOL.

Apr 23, 2016 11:8 | 1 replies
Apr 26, 2016 6:47 | 0 replies

It is soul-destroying that under apartheid, there were no drug addicts at traffic lights, there were only newspaper boys and girls. Now you see women carrying babies, stoned out of their heads with nyaope, begging.

The ANC is slowly destroying our country.

Apr 23, 2016 11:10 | 1 replies

With great respect, drugs and addicts have been with us here in SA for a while now. Sure, under Apartheid the cops simply removed people from streets and would often simply transport them beyond the city limits and dump them. But the scourge of drugs has been with us a long time.

Apr 26, 2016 6:49 | 0 replies

the man u see in that photo sure,his really agod sender, my name iam shenny lizi from uk london i use to see thousand,s of traditional healer,website some i tried but they failed,just recently iwas on line reading back home news SOWETAN online i come across a comments from all over the world talking about this great man PROFali and all of those comment people from all over the world their thankful and greatful about the work which his been doing for them i was impressed becouse some people who did comment i hard the same problem,last yaer my son committee suicide becouse of the drugs which he was taking each and everyday we try to reherb him but northing was come up alright and i my seif my self i did try to some healer from this side of UK but they failed my marriage was amess my huband was accusing mi with his perent of having abad luck,that am am doing witchcraft which coze our son death and our bussiness downfall at that time i did,nt know what to do my husband decided to dirvoce me i was crying each and everyday i did feel alone this big world know one to talk too untill i came up with people,s comment from sowetan news online thats where i find this great man Prof Ali,i did email him on profali988@gmail.com we chat and he send mi his cell phone number which was 0785216014 to talk to him directly, i went to south africa to meet him i spend 4 days with him doing retual to my son who did commiitte suicied ,cleasing the bad luck and break that spell which was destroying my marriage and he also give me something to put in our business which is now booming tan before.thank u PROF ALI.we are happy. family now am so greatful.for all your problems i do transfer u to him.call him on 0785216014

Apr 26, 2016 6:29 | 1 replies

I get paid £85 every hour from online jobs. I never thought I'd be able to do iit but my friend XS is earning £7k monthly by doing this job and she showed me how. Try it out on following website.. ==== BuzzMax7.COM

Apr 28, 2016 3:44 | 0 replies

Greetings to you, I'm is Becker Somani A APNAPAISA RBS loan Finance lender. we offer certified loan to serious minded individuals,Companies and other bodies at a company lending interest rate of 3%. Our loan amount ranges from a minimum of $5,000.00 to a maximum of $1million. If interested in a loan, simply E-mail us with the information's below for processing: email rbsacfirm@gmail.com Names: Amount Needed: Loan Duration: Country: City: House address: Purpose of loan: Phone Number: Direct Contact Number: Monthly Income: Gender: Occupation: Where do you find us: Appllied before: Look forward to your mail.email us rbsacfirm@gmail.com

May 18, 2016 10:35 | 0 replies