Tue Jun 28 11:36:53 CAT 2016

Woman kills son while 'exorcising demons'

By Agency Staff | Feb 26, 2016 | COMMENTS [ 14 ]

A Kenyan woman has been arrested after she was accused of causing the death of her son while allegedly "exorcising demons".

The woman, Irene Mbithe, was arrested on Thursday after residents of Kangurue slum in the capital Nairobi raised alarm over the suspicious death of her son, Brian Kibet.

When police arrived at the scene, the child's tongue and intestines had been pulled out in an attempt to "free him" from the said demons.

In a video posted on Youtube by K24 television, Brian's aunt Catherine Muthama expressed shock over the ordeal.

"Nilishangaa sana kufika hapa kuona mama mtoto amevuruta ulimi ya mtoto kabisa na nikamuuliza kwanini anamaiza mtoto (When I arrived I was surprised to see the mother having pulled out the tongue of the baby and I screamed at her asking why she had killed him," she said.

Neighbours said the exorcism went on the whole night on Wednesday, adding that the commotion in the house was abnormal.

The child's mother, who spoke in Swahili, maintained that she meant no harm to him.

"Mungu nifungwe kama kuna kitu kibaya nimetendea huyu mtoto wangu ambaye nimeombea sana kupata (God punish me if I have done anything wrong to my son who I love so much and have prayed for years to conceive and give birth to)," she said.

Police took Mbithe for questioning at the Kayole Police station while the body of the baby was taken to the mortuary.

Exorcism is defined as as a process or action that is used to get rid of an evil spirit.

Cases of exorcism are not new to Kenya.

Last year a man who was allegedly exorcised of a homosexual demon was picked up while swimming in Kenya's Coastal city of Mombasa. He claimed to have been given the demon by two men whom he swam with, according to Emmanuel TV.

News24

Hlanyoz

Akabulawe naye

Feb 26, 2016 12:13 | 1 replies

Mmadikgang

i can only think the demon got out of him and right into her

Feb 26, 2016 3:43 | 1 replies
Feb 26, 2016 3:47 | 0 replies

missmissy01

Bathong! what madness is this! what made her think that the kid had demons in the first place?

Feb 26, 2016 12:25 | 1 replies

letahwa

I am guessing the bible.

Feb 26, 2016 1:26 | 0 replies

Of-ochre

BaKenya babhenga lately!

Feb 26, 2016 12:21 | 0 replies

Galfrend

Kenya needs serious prayers from whichever God they believe in, prayers, traditional cleansing rituals, a sangoma and Shembe vaseline.

Feb 26, 2016 12:59 | 0 replies

Govendersingh

Hello Everyone, my names are Govender Singh am from lenasia few years ago things turned down on my side in that a man whom i loved from bottom of my heart after 10 years of marriage and happy relationship with one daughter,Finally he left me due to that i was not giving him another kids mostly he wanted baby boy, and he finally got another woman,one day i was deeply desperate and i went at work then i had a conversion with my workment i explained her about my worries,then she told me she had a jealous workment who never wanted her to be promoted not even to be employee at same company she was worked for almost 15 years but no promotion,low salary yet other's who worked for short period they where enjoying and promoted then she told me her savvier was professor mondo currently she is a full manager with high salary and her hater was turned down,so i also decide to contact professor mondo,he welcomed me well as his daughter, he asked me to pay only R350 for consultation fee,he told me not to say anything and he start checking me,within 20 minutes he told me everything,what surprised me after checking,he told me my husband had a long time relationship before me and he was separated with her in bad way,so that woman knew that i had a first baby with him,she decide to curse me in that i was not going to be able to get another child, but after all prof mondo removed all witchcraft's which was used by that woman,has am speaking am with my husband with two boys and one daughter with full love from my husband,he always asks me what did u do to me, i just say maybe u realized how i also love u,but me i know my savvier is profmondo,so i wont be jealous anyone there with any spiritual problem contact professor mondo at his number +27110501137 or email him at: profmondo37@gmail.com am sure u are to be healed, warm regards from Govender Singh

Feb 26, 2016 1:25 | 0 replies

letahwa

Religious people are stupid! There I said it!

Feb 26, 2016 1:29 | 0 replies

TooAfrican

She is the one with demons.

Feb 26, 2016 1:45 | 1 replies

slifreslok

my classmate's mother-in-law makes $56 hourly on the computer . She has been out of gy work for 5 months but last month her check was $1354 just working on the computer for a few hours. Its original site..... >>>>>> Home-jobs90.Tk

Feb 26, 2016 2:3 | 0 replies

MommaC

Flippin superstitious nonsense again :( That poor kid!

Feb 26, 2016 2:18 | 0 replies

skwamasamabele1

I've gone Kgonyho on this one. Never BOTHERED to read the story.

What more shall I say about idolatry and Religion????

How long is this going to continue in Africa????

What about cases like this which are not reported throughout Africa, let alone our country SA that has taken almost everyone from the continent????

Feb 27, 2016 2:50 | 0 replies

profmarick

As a Spiritual Healer and Psychic PROF MARICK use a combination of innate heightened intuition, guided meditation and traditional divination tools such as, tarot cards & astrolog PROF MARICK offer genuine solutions and answer questions regarding Life Decisions, emotional Difficulties, Relationship Issues, Marriage, Property, Career, Job, Money, Business Concerns, Goal Creation, Personal and Spiritual Growth, Exploring and Changing Old Beliefs, Healing and Transformation options, Metaphysical Challenges, Higher Consciousness choices, Life Coaching and much more, VISIT http://proffmarick.wix.com/cris

Feb 28, 2016 1:52 | 0 replies