Thu May 26 14:38:40 SAST 2016
Sowetan is looking for young bosses

To commemorate Youth Month, Sowetan will publish its annual Top 100 Young Bosses supplement..

ANC and alliance partners promise unity to win elections

By George Matlala Deputy Political Editor | Jan 09, 2016 | COMMENTS [ 7 ]

ANC and its alliance partners have moved swiftly to paper over tensions among them, pleading to work together to win this year's local elections.

Leaders of the SA Communist Party, Cosatu and Sanco threw their weight behind the ANC, promising to help it score a decisive victory at the polls.

But SACP general secretary Blade Nzimande warned against infighting in the ANC, saying it would distract it from delivering on its promises.

Nzimande also took a pot shot at detractors of the Communist Party and Cosatu in the tripartite alliance.

"Any of us who think that time for the alliance is up is gambling with the revolution," he said.

Nzimande was speaking at the ANC's 104 anniversary  bash at the Royal Bafokeng Stadium in Phokeng outside Rustenburg.

He appealed to alliance leaders to unite instead of being involved in factionalism.

The SACP is embroiled in a protracted battle with the so-called Premier League, the premiers of North West, Mpumalanga and Free State.

The party believes that they were anti-communists and we're planning a take over of the ANC at its conference late next year.

Cosatu and SACP were also  unhappy with Zuma's failure to act against the Premier League.

Cosatu president Sdumo Dlamini called on alliance partners to close ranks.

"This is no time to look for scapegoats when things don't go right. When things fall apart we should not look at each other for blame," he said.

MommaC

"President Jacob Zuma also told thousands of supporters of the ANC that infighting, corruption and arrogance among ANC leaders had no place in the ANC." .... LOL. That is a bit like Zille telling the DA that there is no place for bad dancing in their party

Jan 09, 2016 3:27 | 1 replies

mynameismadubula

corruption is Zuma's synonym.

Jan 09, 2016 3:50 | 0 replies

Princesspee

There is so much joy and peace in my life that i would love to share testimony My name is Karabo ,from Gaborone, Botswana: There was no peace in my life. The endless fights i had with my husband almost led to separation because i could not bare children and he was seeing another lady. My husband Onthusitse was so distant with no communication between us. There was a lot of tension both at home and at work. I was working hard but receiving very little pay and no promotion. One morning, reading the papers, i came across a testimony of another gentle man about how this great Mama Osman had helped him, I decided to give her a call despite the fact that she is based in South Africa and i was in Botswana. She gave me her power oil that helps most of her Clients who are living a happy life now. Mama Osman performed Special PRAYERS then cleansed me from the bad omens and cast me a powerful love Spell. She solved all my financial problems, bareness and my husband reconciled with me. We are now living a healthy happy marriage together and I am heavily pregnant expecting twins any time as i write. Please if you come across this, I recommend you to go and see Mama Osman a powerful traditional healer no matter what problems you are facing or where you are, she will help you. She helped me and i promise to share this testimony any where and every where as it might be of help to some one out there. You can contact Mama Osman on +27710083461 or email, mamaosman11@gmail.com

Jan 09, 2016 3:40 | 0 replies

Dandan

#Zumamustlead , where are the #mustfall idiots?

Jan 09, 2016 7:13 | 1 replies

Shredder

You are a chief idiot.

Jan 10, 2016 10:54 | 0 replies

zulu99

True Story about sangoma +27731775563 Hi! My name is ZULU i live in lenessia. JHB I’m 34 years old. I suffered from depression through bereavement for four years. DR HAKIM was introduced to me a year ago when it had been at its extreme. The symptoms I had were not being able to cope with situations; everyday situations for example leaving my house, shopping, walking my dog, confidence, panic attacks, extreme dark moody thoughts and a head that felt ready to explode with all my thoughts that through depression built up into bigger thing that what they actually were! I can't say no more ...Thanx DR HAKIM , even can do more thing like Stop divorce and marriage problems/finance and luck charms/love spells/barrenness(no children). Contract and tender ,ife problems/business Email sangoma.hakim@gamil.com +27731775563 website http://www.profhikim.co.za

Jan 10, 2016 9:1 | 0 replies

somaartakeit

this anc alliance are a bunch of gluttonous sell-outs, that is why they are vowing to support anc in spite that it has made things worse for the previously marginalised, the ONLY reason tehy are doing this is cause they are benefiting from the anc gravy-train.

Jan 10, 2016 2:20 | 0 replies