Fri Oct 28 15:54:54 SAST 2016
Gender equality - Stock image
Security guards get two years’ pay after being fired for being women

Twenty-eight female guards were unfairly dismissed by a security company because the client‚ Metrora.

By Sapa | Aug 28, 2014 | COMMENTS [ 15 ]

Semitjie was not given any legal or financial support from the SA Police Service, provincial government, or the Police and Prisons Civil Rights Union, even though the accident happened during working hours.

I don't think Thomas Ferreira is feeling terribly chipper about the incident either!

Aug 28, 2014 12:4 | 1 replies

Love the understatement, MC.

Aug 28, 2014 12:5 | 0 replies

So what? Are we supposed to feel sorry for this chump who with his recklessness severely injured someone. "Following instructions" my foot. He abused his blue light and hit a kid! Who exactly told him to do that?

Aug 28, 2014 12:5 | 0 replies

he's lying, when they cut through traffic they don't care about fellow road users who actually pays for their petrol, I once lost a tire due to this morons, I didn't realise how many cars on their convoy and the idiots thought I am blocking their boss, and they didn't stop to assist me change the wheel yet they saw what happened.

Aug 28, 2014 12:10 | 0 replies

I actually believe this guy. He just did what he was told. If Mmezi had said "slow down and be careful" this would not have happened. Its a typical ZANC trick to let the big pig walk and the little one swing. Soemtimes the little one gets a big job as reward if he knows too much like Bruce No2 Kolonane . Sometimes he just pays with his life like the soldiers in CAR or his health like this guy.

Aug 28, 2014 12:21 | 0 replies

Why do our public administrators need blue lights? Scrap the blue lights it is a privilege that makes them believe they are more important than they are and it breeds the arrogance we are seeing in government!

Aug 28, 2014 12:32 | 0 replies

Psychologist Carl de Jager told the court that Joseph Motsamai Semitjie was suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, insomnia, and had suicidal thoughts.******************* let him commit suicide these blue lights are nothing but a pain in the a$$, Western Cape is lucky not to have these devils

Aug 28, 2014 12:41 | 1 replies

But we do when poohlement is in session here. Not as many though, but they make their share of kak here too.

Aug 28, 2014 12:44 | 1 replies

I thought even him does not use blue lights there but atlease maybe he is there 3 or 4 times a month

Aug 28, 2014 1:6 | 1 replies

WHo are you talking about.

Aug 28, 2014 1:14 | 2 replies

maybe blue lights

Aug 28, 2014 1:48 | 0 replies

I thought u said when Zupta visit Cape Town

Aug 28, 2014 2:34 | 1 replies

Get with the program mgijimi - that blackberry giving you problems again?

Aug 31, 2014 12:7 | 0 replies

I do not think his depression can be compared to what Thomas Ferreira suffered/suffering. I followed the story and it was heart-breaking to watch that teen and his family trying to mend things without help from the perpetrators.

Aug 28, 2014 1:51 | 1 replies

ANd they stalled and stalled. It was shocking.

Aug 28, 2014 1:52 | 0 replies