Thu Oct 27 08:52:41 SAST 2016

Motsoaledi to announce Ebola measures

By Sapa | Aug 21, 2014 | COMMENTS [ 23 ]

Cabinet has decided on measures which will affect South Africans travelling to countries hardest hit by the Ebola virus, Minister in the Presidency Jeff Radebe said on Thursday.

"The minister of health will provide more information on this," he told reporters following Cabinet's regular Wednesday fortnightly meeting.

"I don't want to steal his thunder but the Cabinet had a thorough briefing yesterday [Wednesday] and took certain decisions that will also impact on South Africans who travel to those countries that are affected by Ebola."

Radebe said the Ebola outbreak in West Africa had featured high on the agenda.

"Cabinet was briefed by the Minister of Health Aaron Motsoaledi on developments around Ebola and interventions made by South Africa," Radebe said.

"Cabinet wishes to reiterate that no person has been found positive with the disease."

Motsoaledi was expected to brief media on Thursday afternoon.

Quarantine them for a month when they come back and get them tested thoroughly.

Aug 21, 2014 12:13 | 0 replies

yazi wena minister i have to buy u ingudu ye black siyiphuze sobabili. u r my hope.

Aug 21, 2014 12:14 | 0 replies

What about border jumpers?

Aug 21, 2014 12:15 | 2 replies

Uthanda kabi ukulinganisa

Aug 21, 2014 12:23 | 0 replies

My point exactly,before they focus on those who legally travel in and out of Mzansi have to deal first with illegal immigration.

Aug 21, 2014 12:24 | 0 replies

What about those who are entering our country illigally

Aug 21, 2014 12:15 | 0 replies

Dear can I send Ebola in an envelope to Nkandla...anthrax is very hard to find in SA...your assistance will be very much appreciated. Yours very sick and tired, DeC0ck

Aug 21, 2014 12:39 | 0 replies

Best step up armed border patrols and install cold showers at all entry points.

Aug 21, 2014 12:41 | 2 replies

do you ever miss an article? why cold shower if I may ask?

Aug 21, 2014 12:57 | 1 replies

I keep up to date. Re the "cold shower"..... work it out.

Aug 21, 2014 1:2 | 1 replies

keep up to date, do you ever have time to eat lunch and take your BP pills?

Aug 21, 2014 1:11 | 2 replies

As said earlier, I am able to multitask. It seems you can't even read a response.

Aug 21, 2014 1:17 | 0 replies

And I don't take pills. You're confusing me with yourself, shame. It happens in cases of dementia.

Aug 21, 2014 1:17 | 1 replies

If I were to give up one person to get infected by ebola, guess who that person would be?

Aug 21, 2014 1:47 | 1 replies

Ja I know. You would wish it to be me. Someone that actually wishes a total stranger harm has to be a prize a$$hole, but hey, you're allowed your pathetic masty little wet dreams. I am flattered that you feel so compelled to engage me. It means that I have a massive effect on you some way or another. Flattering I suppose, even though the attention you lavish on me is a real bore.

Aug 21, 2014 1:53 | 1 replies

no it is not you Robin, I do not hate you at all,now tell me when didi you last have wet dreams?

Aug 21, 2014 2:17 | 2 replies

Oh just f u k off now. You really irritate and are just a waste of time. I will not waste my time responfding to your nonsense any longer. BYE!

Aug 21, 2014 2:29 | 0 replies

My sex life is my business. You are welcome to trumpet your pathetic excuswe for one on here if you like. I'm an adult.

Aug 21, 2014 2:30 | 0 replies

we are all expendable, the ebola might as well come deal with us.

Aug 21, 2014 1:9 | 2 replies
Aug 21, 2014 1:50 | 0 replies

TsietsiM Why are you using S.Cold pic?

Aug 21, 2014 1:55 | 0 replies

politicians always lies, wonder if this is true...!

Aug 21, 2014 1:6 | 0 replies

Governments ebola measures: Keep the connected cadres safe, with quality healthcare. And leave the rest to their own devices.

Aug 21, 2014 2:39 | 0 replies