At first nurses thought that she may be pregnant by quickly discarded that theory after giving her an ultra sound.
At some point, the patient went to the bathroom and started screaming.
Pediatric E.R. nurse, Maricar Cabral-Osorio found that the toilet boil was full of tapeworms trying to crawl out
"It was so gross and she had pooped all these tapeworms. There were a couple that were very long and wiggling around trying to get out of the toilet bowl."
According to Huffington Post, The nurse tried to calm the girl down by explaining to the patient that since the tapeworms were out of the body, she would be fine.
The teenager's mother confessed that she gave her daughter pills that consisted of tapeworm eggs.
"You know, I did it just to make you a little skinnier. You needed some help before we went on to the pageant."
Tapeworms are parasitic, segmented ribbon-like worms that obtain nutrients from the digestive system of their host. They can infect many different hosts, including humans, fish, dogs, cows, pigs, and sheep.
Tapeworms in humans are usually acquired by eating raw or undercooked meat from infected animals, although humans can also become infected from contaminated water or from eating food prepared and contaminated by infected individuals.
Once acquired, the parasite attaches to the intestinal wall of its host and absorbs nutrients as it continues to grow and produce eggs, which can be then shed in the feces. Certain tapeworms can grow up to 15-30 feet in length and live up to 20 years in the host.
Many individuals according to medicinenet.com who are infected with tapeworms have no symptoms at all, while others may experience abdominal pain, nausea, bloating, diarrhea, weakness, loss of appetite, weight loss, vitamin deficiencies, and malnutrition.