Fri Aug 01 17:55:48 SAST 2014
Kalawa Jazmee does it for Madiba (PHOTOS)

Record label Kalawa Jazmee musicians and staff paid a visit to the Doug Whitehead School in honour o.

BREAKING: Zuma resigns

By SowetanLIVE | Apr 01, 2014 | COMMENTS [ 105 ]

President Jacob Zuma had announced this morning that he is stepping down from his office duties.

Following the recent Nkandla scandal, Zuma had said that he is calling it quits as he cannot handle the pressure following recent events.

"Dear citizens of South Africa and comrades in Parliament, I hereby announce my resignation to you.

Due to the recent Nkandla report, and various attacks towards me, I simply cannot defend myself any longer.

I sincerely hope that your future will be in good hands.

Regards, JZ

Please note: This is an April Fool's Joke. The President did not resign and he had not said any of the above. Have a great day further. The SowetanLIVE team. ((BOOYAH))

Deelock

Manga manga

Apr 01, 2014 6:55 | 3 replies

speru5

Damn!!!! Someone nearly opened a champagne...... hahahaha

Apr 01, 2014 7:37 | 1 replies
Jun 19, 2014 6:54 | 0 replies

Angle

I­m mak­ing ­over $­1­3k a month working ­part tim­e. I kept hea­ring other p­eople tell me­ how much m­oney they can ma­ke­ online­ so I d­ecide­d to look int­o­ it. Wel­, it was all tru­e and ha­s totally ch­anged­ my life. ­This is­ wha­t I do, ......GO TO THE SITE AND CLICK NEXT TAB FOR MORE INFO AND HELP ➜➜➜➜➜➜➜➜➜➜ W­­­W­­W.J­­­U­M­P­9­­­5.C­­­O­M

Jun 27, 2014 12:10 | 0 replies

kate007

Google pay 97$ per hour my last pay check was $8500 working 1o hours a week online. My younger brother friend has been averaging 12k for months now and he works about 22 hours a week. I cant believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is wha­ I do...... ➜➜➜➜➜➜➜ WWW.WORKJUG.COM (GO TO THE SITE AND CLICK NEXT TAB FOR MORE INFO AND HELP)

Jun 28, 2014 7:27 | 0 replies

Pointman

Its April 1st - this one is over the top Sowetan

Apr 01, 2014 6:55 | 0 replies

Mellow.Y?

YAWN!!! Is this the best you can come up with for April fools day like ruri now

Apr 01, 2014 6:59 | 2 replies

antolucas

tjo hai wa bora xem!

Apr 01, 2014 8:35 | 0 replies

Mellow.Y?

And then wena antos#itlucas o skhrumelo sa pitsa e feng? O lastig neh

Apr 01, 2014 9:7 | 0 replies

Bunyulawe

Ohh please, this april fool joke, will make ANC gets more votes,....cause everyone wants Zuma to resign and vote ANC....APril fool day joke was suppose to be Zuma poke Helen Zille

Apr 01, 2014 7:3 | 0 replies

Impela

Too bad you guys at Sowetan have such a poor sense of humour. Daft joke I'd say. Clearly you haven't got one 'funny bone' in any of your employees. Shame.

Apr 01, 2014 7:8 | 2 replies

antolucas

wa boea too much, why did you even comment on this.

Apr 01, 2014 8:36 | 0 replies

LesLee

Thanks Sowetan! We all had a feeling of joy and triumph even if it was for a few seconds only!! Great sense of humour!!

Apr 01, 2014 9:15 | 0 replies

oldlady12

I read the headline, thought no ways, remembered it's April 1, and then read the article. Just for a split second there, Sowetan, you had me thinking ANC might just return to be a great party again. At least I was ecstatic for a split second today.

Apr 01, 2014 7:8 | 0 replies

Whiz

I totally forgot it's April 1st, and jumped for joy. Now I feel like a fool hahaha.....

Apr 01, 2014 7:10 | 2 replies

TheRealMsKinks

Today is not a special occassion for you......... :)

Apr 01, 2014 10:1 | 0 replies

Whiz

Kinky, there's a g-string in the post for you, I hope it's the right colour :)

Apr 01, 2014 10:15 | 0 replies
Apr 01, 2014 7:10 | 0 replies

RobinX

SOWETAN: Well done. You certainly got me there. For a few minutes you had me going. But then that nagging voice reminded me that this arrogant thief HAS TO stay in, else he is open to a whole lot of prosecutions. It's life or death for him. He will NEVER resign!

Apr 01, 2014 7:13 | 1 replies

Mokwepa

u are an easy and loose guy.....if its not on 702,then its not true

Apr 01, 2014 9:4 | 0 replies

Mellow.Y?

@Oldlady and Robinx But really when has Sowetan ever broke any news? They always last to publish and they copy and paste so really you couldnt have missed it if it was for real.

Apr 01, 2014 7:19 | 2 replies

RobinX

SUre. I know. Wishful thinking got the better of me. I was on the way to checking on N e w s 24 when I remembered the date.

Apr 01, 2014 7:30 | 0 replies

MthimbanaT

Sowetan's lazy journalists always sit under a tree and wait to plagiarise the hardwork of other journos a day later. Like ruri now :)

Apr 01, 2014 8:10 | 0 replies

Seja-Bana

Sowetan will fool all those that are not born yet. the sun will rise from the west

Apr 01, 2014 7:24 | 0 replies