Sun Oct 26 05:38:08 SAST 2014
'Big Brother' snoozers should be losers

JUST how do Mozambican Trezagah, Zambian Macky2, Malawian Mr 265 and Zimbabwean Butterphly survive i.

Jackie Selebi photographed shopping in Pretoria

By Sapa | Oct 07, 2013 | COMMENTS [ 66 ]

Former police chief and convicted criminal Jackie Selebi, who was released on medical parole in 2012 in a reportedly critically ill state, was photographed shopping in Pretoria.

He was chauffeured in his luxury BMW 6-series to a shopping centre in Monument Park to buy the Sunday papers.

Selebi spoke to a few shoppers before he bought his newspaper.

He walked without any assistance, and, according to Beeld, seemed to be in good health.

When reporters phoned him a few hours later to enquire about his health, he said he felt a little better and he hoped his condition would improve further.

Selebi said his illness kept him at home and prevented him from driving.

The medical parole board on July 20 2012 decided that Selebi could be released because he was suffering from irreversible kidney failure, high blood pressure and diabetes.

His sudden decline into ill health surprised independent doctors, who said that kidney failure was normally a disease with slow progression.

At the time of his release on medical parole, Correctional Services Minister Sibusiso Ndebele said Selebi was being sent home because his department had limited capacity to provide care for terminally ill patients.

Selebi was sentenced to 15 years' imprisonment on August 3, 2010 for taking bribes from convicted drug dealer Glenn Agliotti.

He collapsed at his house in December 2011 after his final appeal failed.

My dear, how are you? and i hope your fine,my name is miss calantha dahija I am 24 years old female single, I'm really looking for friendship and I decided to contact you. I really want to have a good friendship with you even if you are married, can we be friends?
I am new to this site and i may be out of it any time from now . I may not have that chance and time to log in here again to reply you here , for that reason i will be pleased if you will write me back to me on (calanthadahijah@yahoo.com.ph) and i will reply you as soon as possible I'm sorry if i am embarrassing you, i shall explain all about my self including my pictures.
Remember the distance or color does not matter but understand, love and caring matters a lot in life. Your new friend
in love,
calanthadahijah@yahoo.com.ph

Oct 16, 2013 3:42 | 0 replies

Hosh6 - "Who did he kill? You just like to talk crap about the anc but what can one expect form a da member."

Drugs k1ll duuumb@ss... JEEEESUS, these ANC cadres get more STUUUPID by the minute...

Oct 07, 2013 12:32 | 0 replies

With all these political connected cases & you take into account different treatment of Clive Derby-Lewis.I think reconciliation is just a hogwash, very insensitive\sensitive vengefull.

Oct 07, 2013 12:2 | 0 replies

@!#Sinudeity#!

Oct 07, 2013 12:0 | 0 replies

Hosh6 - "You can't compare him to rapists or murderers."

Selebi is a murderer, he helped drugs get into the country, and protected the drug dealers from criminal conviction.

Oct 07, 2013 11:35 | 0 replies

@!#Sinudeity#!

You can't compare him to rapists or murderers.

Oct 07, 2013 11:33 | 0 replies

Hosh6 - "He has a criminal record, isn't that punishment enough?"

Nope. Imagine if we take all rapists and murderers and merely give them criminal records instead of jail time.

Selebi was given medical parole, because he was terminally ill, but the motherf***er is seen walking around doing shopping...

If you are well enough to shop, you are well enough to sit your @ss in jail.

Oct 07, 2013 11:28 | 0 replies

@!#Sinudeity#!

He has a criminal record, isn't that punishment enough?

Oct 07, 2013 11:21 | 0 replies

I thought he was dead... Arg, *Never reading Die Beeld again*

Oct 07, 2013 11:10 | 0 replies

Hosh6 - "Wasn't he convicted of the things you crying about?"

Yeah, he was convicted, but then got medical parole. So, instead of serving time in jail, the dude is running outside free, because he managed to fake an illness.

"Mr Selebi was punished for the wrongs he did I don't know why you making noise."

What punishment dude? Did he serve jail time? Did he pay the money back?
Tell us dude, because we all want to know how selebi was supposedly punished.

Oct 07, 2013 11:6 | 0 replies

@!#Sinudeity#!

Wasn't he convicted of the things you crying about? What more do you want? Mr Selebi was punished for the wrongs he did I don't know why you making noise.

@MsKinkyakaKamaSutra

No thanks your hands are full of cracks and they are so unattractive.

Oct 07, 2013 11:2 | 0 replies