Tue Sep 02 16:08:45 SAST 2014

I hope we can all concentrate on real issues: Vavi

By Sapa | Jul 30, 2013 | COMMENTS [ 61 ]

Cosatu secretary general Zwelinzima Vavi is happy that a grievance against him has been withdrawn by his accuser, he said on Monday.

"I am pleased that the grievance [hearing] has been finalised," Vavi said in a statement.

"I hope that we all can put this saga behind us so that we all can concentrate on the real issues of the day -- ensuring that we have a vibrant trade union federation that promotes South Africa and the interests of workers."

Vavi admitted to having consensual sex with a married woman who was employed by the Congress of SA Trade Unions, and claimed she later tried to extort R2 million from him and alleged rape.

He denied raping her, and said the sex was consensual.

However, she brought a complaint of sexual harassment against him at work.

The hearing commenced on Monday morning.

Vavi said the woman withdrew the complaint two hours into the hearing.

He said he would consult with his lawyer to see if any further action could be taken regarding the complaint.

"In the light of the extreme damage that has been done to my reputation, I will consult with my lawyers to consider any further actions about this matter."

LeparaThePresident
@KasiKid
LeparaThePresident

It's 2 dismissable offences, so why not dismiss him?

Unless if he Donald Trump calling the shots or a dictator who does not get told what to do, but tell people what to do.

Do not let your love for Vavi cloud your judgement...
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I totally agree with you, but you and me cannot be the judge and as myself i do not know the COSATU cod of conduct and to extent they practice that. And, you and me are saying these on face value whether we are versed in labour/work ethic/employement law.
***********************************************
No law is absolute

Jul 30, 2013 4:30 | 0 replies

At least she did not call him malome, which lessened the guilt!!!

Jul 30, 2013 12:37 | 0 replies

Zuma magic

Jul 30, 2013 11:50 | 0 replies

First it was COSATU House & now this? Vavi nonke moss niyabutya ububende. I am slightly becoming disheartened by your morals/ ethics.

Jul 30, 2013 11:49 | 0 replies

Was she Delicious?

Jul 30, 2013 11:46 | 0 replies

Deal with the misconducts first, you hired someone unprocedurally, sex at a place of work, who knows what else. I am disappointed comrade

Jul 30, 2013 11:35 | 0 replies

...to have sex...

Jul 30, 2013 11:28 | 0 replies

I am not saying that prostitutes must stop selling us their wares. I’m just saying that the consumer, any consumer who is willing to pay R2m for something that fishy have one hell of an echoing skull. Extortion is big business in this land of plenty.

Jul 30, 2013 11:27 | 0 replies

Nothing wrong to has sex...Why ppl make lot of noise about two adults having sex...it does nt matter where as long as it is not in public...

Jul 30, 2013 11:26 | 0 replies

Seems like there are similarities between Vavi and Zuma.

Jul 30, 2013 11:10 | 0 replies

I really feel sorry for the wife and the kids, so embarrasing. Yes the rape charges can be withdrawn but the pain, the trust and the dignity left in your wife 's heart! The only person that can destroy you is you, that is why the my friend always say guard yourself against yourself. It was wrong for him to have extra-marital affairs at the work place and is wrong for the lady to cry foul now. The things is the dignity Mr Vavi and the respect that people were giving you will drop but you cost all this by yourself. Stop thinking for yourselve alone think about your family and the embarrasment you have cost them. Learn from this Vavi!

Jul 30, 2013 11:4 | 0 replies