Wed Jul 30 07:02:01 SAST 2014
Kalawa Jazmee does it for Madiba (PHOTOS)

Record label Kalawa Jazmee musicians and staff paid a visit to the Doug Whitehead School in honour o.

Mbulis appeal for peaceful mourning after Kuli Roberts' tweet

By Sandiso Ngubane | May 27, 2013 | COMMENTS [ 228 ]

The family of Vuyo Mbuli has pleaded with South Africans to afford them the opportunity to grieve for the late popular TV news anchor in dignity amid various reports of the newsman's scandals coming out in the media.

Responding to the Twitter war between radio personality Kuli Roberts and Mbuli's 13-year-old son, Sithenkosi, family spokesperson Rowena Baird said the family was in mourning "and is greatly aggrieved by the vitriolic attacks on them and the deceased from some quarters on social media".

Part of Baird's statement read: "The family of Vuyo Mbuli would like to thank South Africans for the outpouring of love and support that they have received after the death of their dearly departed husband and father.

"They would appreciate it if South Africans and the media would respect the cultural practices and traditions that they adhere to in recognition and respect for Vuyo Mbuli."

Roberts first tweeted about Mbuli's widow Savita after details emerged that City Press was going to run an article on her alleged affair with Mbuli.

Sithenkosi then came out with guns blazing on Twitter to defend his mother.

Roberts tweeted on Saturday evening that she was being accused by Savita of having had an affair with her late husband.

"What does one do besides laugh? I've just been called by City Press (be)cause Savita told (them) I was having an affair with Vuyo! Amen!"

The tweet prompted an angry response from Sithenkosi, who tweeted; "Listen here compared (to) my mom you are a worthless peasant.

"I sent you that Twitter message after seeing your revolting chat."

He did not stop there.

"If you don't mind you can take your cheap lipstick and your ugly face and shove it," he tweeted later, adding that Roberts should leave his mother alone and "deal with me" instead.

Twitter was abuzz with several people under the hashtag #teamSavita lambasting Roberts for not respecting the family in their time of mourning and some questioning why the son is allowed to continue his social network rant unsupervised.

Sowetan tried to reach Roberts for comment but she did not take calls or respond to SMSes for her side of the story at the time of going to print. - ngubanes@sowetan.co.za

Nongoloza24
Honeybadger aka mr mpundu why are you concerned ka skopo? She's a grown up boy she isn't like you....Phela wena before o etsa anything tshwanetse o thole permission from magriza wa gago.
================
jys maal wena. kante (s)he is a boy?

May 27, 2013 1:50 | 0 replies

@DJW

I got the gist....Wena wang shaya nge "look at my previous comments"!!! Where's the love bra??

May 27, 2013 1:6 | 0 replies

HoneyB

What'sup??!!!

May 27, 2013 1:3 | 0 replies

Blood is thicker than water, his mom come first these so called mistresses hurt her too much, hahaha I really feel pity for the poor mistress who was curently on the stage.

May 27, 2013 1:2 | 0 replies

SeshegoGuy

You are brave my friend!!! Comrades?!! I'll pray for you!

May 27, 2013 1:2 | 0 replies

What's wrong with kids poking their tiny noses in parents' marriages/affairs,tomorrow he'll be insulting/despising his own mother.

May 27, 2013 12:58 | 0 replies

May 27, 2013 12:52 | 0 replies

Nongoloza24
SeshegoGuY warra ba bantsi hierso ba itekile ko yena....I think o montle thata guys wont go out of their ways go charma skobo i think wa fisha I.n.c.o.g.n.i.t.o. Mr fishing ke yoo setse a fitlhile mara oo yena ke setlaela o mmoleletse gore o nna Randpark Ridge a itebala a boa a re o dula Soweto.
========================
hahaha...wena oa hlanya my boy...whats skopo doing with a looser of your calibre though i wonder out loud.

May 27, 2013 12:47 | 0 replies

Skopokopoza ke re you are so scarce these days what's happening babes??

May 27, 2013 12:44 | 0 replies

To the Premier....Now the OPERATION IS..."OPERATION WANYA PREMIER". When I read City Press I thought it was a mistake, mmhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. She is not even suppose to be talking to people its too early.

Another mXhosa woman causing a stare in Jozi. Abantwana abathethi ezingcwabeni especially zotata babo, I still cannot come to terms that all this BOLD & BEAUTIFUL happens where the parents and sisters of Vuyo live, now lets not forget the parents of late Vuyo who are in mourning , they lost a son. That little boy must learn to address his late father's parents as GRAND-PARENTS not as his parents.

May 27, 2013 12:39 | 0 replies

INDESPENSIBLE
@ Respect10
If I may ask, why do you reckon this blog as the right platform for these sentiments, are you sure Unathi reads Sowetan and let alone the comments?
=================
this respect thing is a fake even. its not his comments even...

May 27, 2013 12:35 | 0 replies