Fri Jul 25 05:37:47 SAST 2014
SA men having less sex: Survey

South African men are having far less sex than their counterparts around the world, according to a s.

Zuma's wife's jewels missing

By Sapa | May 07, 2013 | COMMENTS [ 199 ]

President Jacob Zuma's fifth wife Thobeka Madiba Zuma is demanding compensation of half a million rand from SA Airlink over the alleged theft of uninsured jewellery from her bag during a flight, it was reported.

After an extensive investigation, SA Airlink dismissed the claim and said its employees were blameless, Beeld reported.

According to the newspaper, the airline said it could find no evidence of tampering with Madiba-Zuma's luggage.

The theft allegedly occurred on December 15, 2012, when Madiba-Zuma flew from Nelspruit Airport to OR Tambo International Airport and was driven by car to Bloemfontein to join her husband for the ANC's conference in Mangaung.

On December 18, she drafted a statement in which she declared that 36 pieces of expensive jewellery had gone missing from a cosmetics purse inside an unlocked, orange Cellini bag.

"After we arrived [in Bloemfontein], we rushed to get ready for a dinner. That's when I first opened my suitcase and realised that the cosmetics purse with all my exclusive jewellery was gone," Madiba-Zuma reportedly said in a statement submitted to SA Airlink on January 5.

According to Beeld, SA Airlink head Rodger Foster rejected the claim after viewing the CCTV footage available.

"We compelled all employees to undergo polygraph tests, which showed that they were not involved in the alleged theft of Mrs Zuma's valuables," Foster reportedly wrote in a letter to the presidency.

Beeld reported that SA Airlink had declined to comment on the issue.

It reported that, in an e-mail addressed to journalists on Sunday night, Madiba-Zuma said she had instructed her lawyers to consider her legal position and advise her accordingly.

"The investigation continues.... I will wait for my lawyers' final advice before I decide what to do. My personal jewellery was, unfortunately, not insured," Madiba-Zuma reportedly said.

@KHAPHELA
I think MISK is hiding samthing from us she is wife no 5. her bane is MaMsKinkyakaKamaSutra Zuma
---------------------------------------
Iyo Mapholoba................ Umfazi ka Zum Zum #clap hands once# .......... no way

May 07, 2013 1:40 | 0 replies

what really infuriates me is like these people are out of touch of with reality, that SAns (ordinary) get things stolen them every day, I know someone in thsi year alone who had to replace a broken into car, stolen property (lap-top, mobile etc) and stolen household goods, many don't even bother reporting to police anymore that is how desperate the situation is in SA, then you have these people who think that everyone should be running and picking up after them to think before they became the elite of SA they themselves were peasants makes me wanna puke that they behave worse than people who are born wealthy.

May 07, 2013 12:59 | 0 replies

@ROBOT
I blame the Guptas on this one. The mafias may feel sorry and replace that lost sh!t.
------------------------
If I were the wife of a president in a country wallowing in poverty I would feel ashamed to flount my wealth the way these peopl;e are doing, I mean just how does one travel around without securing valuables and then go around accusing people of theft and demanding replacements without even submitting documents to confirm value of said 'expensive' pieces of jewelery? this woman appears to me to be as stupid as her husband, people who travel put valuables in the hand luggage or give them to the airline staff for safekeeping and these given to them when tehy ge to the end of their journey, with all the secretaries paid for by tax payers, can they not get even the basics right for once in the friggin lives,

May 07, 2013 12:54 | 0 replies

OK!!
O tla ba strong neh!

May 07, 2013 12:51 | 0 replies

May 07, 2013 12:50 | 0 replies

Mosadi o mogolo so, o sa lahla di lo tsa gage. O careless and incognissant.

May 07, 2013 12:47 | 0 replies

May 07, 2013 12:46 | 0 replies

Any one missing an elephant from the park?

May 07, 2013 12:41 | 0 replies

MsKinky, how do you manage to keep track of the Zuma family tree so well? I hear he himself has a secretary keeping track of it all on computer.

May 07, 2013 12:36 | 0 replies

@Rolllingstone!
Who is the President of SA?
Atul Gupta
-------------------------
and who is/are the pets of the Gupta first family of SA? the zumas, the guptas feed them clothe them take care of them and run the country on behalf of a zuma as he has no ability to do so, this family is a shame of our country I dont' know why the anc is inflicting this upon rest of us.

May 07, 2013 12:27 | 0 replies

expensive jewelery placed in a cosmetic bag stolen from a lagguge? the bag was unlocked? this sounds like yet anohter scam of a zuma to siphone monies they don't deserve, this family is just too much.

Everywoman who travels knows to keep their jewelery in the hand-luggage i also find it too convient not to insure one's 'expensive' jewelerry does she even have papers to confirm value of said 'expensive pieces' Jesu please come back and help us sort out this embarassment of a family in our lives.

May 07, 2013 12:24 | 0 replies