Fri Aug 29 20:13:34 SAST 2014

Muthi only to attract girlfriends - miner

By Hlengiwe Nhlabathi Political Reporter | Jan 31, 2013 | COMMENTS [ 174 ]

A National Union of Mineworkers witness has told the Marikana commission about his preference for muthi that only does nothing more than help him attract women.

Saziso Gegeleza, a NUM leader at Lonmin's Rowland shaft, made this startling revelation when he was quizzed about claims that striking rock-drillers at Lonmin's Marikana mine in Rustenburg were given muthi by a sangoma for protection.

Gegeleza was responding to a question by counsel for the police advocate Ishmael Semenya on whether he used muthi to be strong or to protect himself or if he was aware of this practice.

"The only medicine I used is to attract girlfriends," he said.

"I haven't been exposed to anybody who is using traditional medicine for purposes of making themselves strong.

"I'm aware of the practice whereby people make incisions on their bodies ... but that is usually done by those who want to protect themselves against tokoloshes," he said.

"If the muthi is good for the tokoloshes, can it be good for human beings?" asked Semenya, to which Gegeleza replied he did not know.

When South African Police Service's footage depicting naked men standing in a single line for what appeared to be a ritual was shown yet again yesterday, Gegeleza described it as "unusual".

- nhlabathih@sowetan.co.za

lol grant; heheheehe

But on a serious note, do we really understand how the brain works and has it is affected by various chemicals either self-secreted or coming from an external source?

Can anyone in this forum explain the process of falling in and out of love?

Jan 31, 2013 12:28 | 0 replies

oldlady12
So they wanted to make girlfriends out of the cops before they are arrested to make their lives in the cells easier?
----------------
LOL. That is funny

Jan 31, 2013 11:48 | 0 replies

Shredder. Cool. Enjoy the day.

Jan 31, 2013 11:47 | 0 replies

@ONEE

If there was such a muti that actually worked, I guarantee you 70% of the male bloggers here would go buy it. I include myself ofcourse.

Jan 31, 2013 11:39 | 0 replies

hey mara young man r u already facing challenges to attract women to an extent of using herbs/muti?
no wonda there is no love like this nawa days

Jan 31, 2013 11:35 | 0 replies

@RobinX
Shredder. Muthi, Religion, Politics. All major hallucinogens. Give me dope anytime. It doesn't make one kill people.
=====================================================
Yeah! I said I almost misunderstood you. I actually, realized after pressing the submit button what you were saying.

I though you said "Shredder and others go to church". I didn't see that little dot there called a period. Maybe it is time for me to start wearing glasses. :-D

Jan 31, 2013 11:22 | 0 replies

Jan 31, 2013 11:9 | 0 replies

@RobinX
SHredder. And others go to church. All just placebos
======================================================
I almost misunderstood you :-D

Jan 31, 2013 11:7 | 0 replies

@RobinX
SHredder. And others go to church. All just placebos
======================================================
I wonder what you are up to

Jan 31, 2013 11:6 | 0 replies

Shocking to think that the whole NUM leader comes out with such drivel and unfounded myth. Even if one was attracting girls, a man uses his ingenuity to attract a female, even animals use all tricks in book (except useless muti) to attract attention. SA, being the First World of Africa, still believing in rubbish like muti, drags us all back to the Stone Age (apologies to Stone Age people, they were not useless izishimane like most SA men of today)

Jan 31, 2013 11:54 | 0 replies

it is not supprising that the miner answered the way he did, even Zuma cracked under cross examination..remember" I took a long hot shower to prevent HIV/AIDS story. dnt blame the miner for saying he uses muti to attract girls. He is a NUM leader he idolise umsholozi..

Jan 31, 2013 11:56 | 0 replies