Sat Dec 20 22:48:43 SAST 2014
Pearl Thusi and daughter involved in an accident

Model, actress and radio personality Pearl Thusi was in a car accident that left her and her daughte.

Hard work pays off for SA's top performers

By Tebogo Monama | Jan 03, 2013 | COMMENTS [ 114 ]

MMADIKGETHO Komane from Limpopo expected to be one of the top matric pupils in her home province but the results held more surprises for her.

The 18-year-old from Glen Cowie Secondary School found out yesterday that she was the country's top pupil with 100% in mathematics, physical science and accounting.

Komane also got distinctions in English, Sepedi and life orientation.

Another top performer with a full house of distinctions was Kamogelo Mamashela from Pax College outside Polokwane, Limpopo.

"I guess my results are a mix between working hard and being naturally smart," he said.

Mamashela wrote Sepedi, English, maths (100%), maths paper 3, physical science (100%), life science, life orientation and geography.

The former pupils were awarded bursaries and iPads at a ceremony to announce the 2012 matric results in Auckland Park, Johannesburg, yesterday afternoon.

Danita le Grange, one of the best-performing matriculants, was invited for lunch with Basic Education Minister Angie Motshekga and her deputy Enver Surtee in Boksburg on Gauteng's East Rand yesterday.

Le Grange, 18, from Hoërskool Dr Malan in Meyerton in the Vaal, Gauteng, attributed her good results to her late father, Lodie, who died in 2011.

"My father made me interested in maths. He used to push me to work hard, unlike my mother, who told me she will still love me no matter what marks I get.

"I dedicate the pass to my father and my little sister, Lara, whom I love more than anyone."

Le Grange wrote mathematics, maths paper 3, English, Afrikaans, computer applications technology, physical science, accounting, tourism, business studies and life orientation.

Her brother, Lodie junior, said: "I had to move out of the house into an outside flat because her studying irritated me. She did not want any noise in the house. At 7pm, we all had to go to bed because she wanted to study."

Le Grange said she followed a strict timetable.

"I had a timetable for when to bath, sleep, eat and study. I made sure I slept eight hours every day, but when I wrote maths, I only slept for four hours because I was so stressed."

This year, she will start a BSc in biological science at the University of Pretoria with the aim of transferring to medicine.

Godknows Dube, 20, from Siyabonga Secondary School in Bramfischerville, Soweto, said he did not expect to be among the country's top performers.

"I knew I would get good results and be one of the best performers in Gauteng, but not the country," Dube said.

He wrote English, Sepedi, life orientation, maths, physical science, accounting, business studies, economics and maths paper 3.

Dube will study actuarial science at the University of Cape Town.

NICEBOOBS
Why?????

Jan 03, 2013 11:45 | 0 replies

Well done to everyone who made it, I hope they now proceed to university with their heads held high

Jan 03, 2013 12:2 | 0 replies

MorenaWaPolelo
Vongsta
@Morena wa Polelo, what is everything? i'm not talking money don't get twisted neh
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Gifts, holidys, 4 5 satisfactory ect ect ect
=====================================================================
How sure are you that your 4 5 will satisfy her?

Jan 03, 2013 12:2 | 0 replies

NICEBOOBS
How sure are you that your 4 5 will satisfy her?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Mara wena you like throwing a spanner neh>>>>wena you will not understands akere mara nna ke sure!!

Jan 03, 2013 12:6 | 0 replies

@Niceboobbs
What do you do for the living?

Jan 03, 2013 12:13 | 0 replies

MorenaWaPolelo
NICEBOOBS
How sure are you that your 4 5 will satisfy her?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
==================================================
No need to defend yourself, i was just asking...kana di 4 5 ga di tshwane & some people ba rata go claima.

Jan 03, 2013 12:14 | 0 replies

NICEBOOBS
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ere ke hobotsise question? O rata 4 5 e bjang kahore ore ha ditswane? Enne nna ke claimile kae???

Jan 03, 2013 12:17 | 0 replies

MorenaWaPolelo
NICEBOOBS
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
====================================================
You should be asking Sekhebereshe that question not me. I said batho ba rata go claima, i didn't mention names.

Jan 03, 2013 12:23 | 0 replies

Vongsta
Nna skhwele????? askies bathong mara neke botsisa akere tshwanetse o charmer kasi Boy 2 men? get my drift?????
`````````````````````````````````````````
Ftsek o phonyogetswe jou moer kikikikikikikiki ke wena NICEBOOBS kikikikikikikiki.

Jan 03, 2013 12:23 | 0 replies

Nongoloza24
Vongsta
`````````````````````````````````````````
================================================================
Was that necessary?

Jan 03, 2013 12:24 | 0 replies

MorenaWaPolelo
NICEBOOBS
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
=========================================================================
Da bigger/stronger da better.....size counts

Jan 03, 2013 12:26 | 0 replies