Thu Nov 27 10:09:36 SAST 2014
Let's drool over the sizzling hot Top 12 in Mzansi

Set in the picturesque venue of the Munro Boutique hotel in Houghton, Johannesburg, the Mzansi’s Sex.

Money was for Zuma's children: Shaik

By Sapa | Dec 14, 2012 | COMMENTS [ 65 ]

The millions of rand convicted fraudster Schabir Shaik gave President Jacob Zuma was for the “upkeep and education” of his children.

Shaik said he gave the money to help the children with “no pressure whatsoever from the president”.

The funding was “so that he [Zuma] would not have this financial burden. So that he could focus on the issues at hand,” Shaik was quoted as saying.

Shaik was found guilty of two counts of corruption and one of fraud in 2005 for alleged irregular financial dealings with Zuma, who was deputy president at the time.

In January, The Sunday Independent reported that Shaik wanted a presidential pardon and the repayment of R2 million he claimed was outstanding on loans to Zuma.

An amount of R2.5m had been loaned to Zuma, and was primarily used for his children’s upkeep and educational needs.

Only R500,000 had reportedly been repaid.

The Mail&Guardian reported that Shaik had denied benefiting from his relationship with Zuma, and had said he had unsuccessfully tendered for several projects in KwaZulu-Natal while Zuma was the MEC for economic development.

We do not need nor deserve such corrupt leaders as Jacob Zuma. We need someone who we can look up to that inspires us to greater things!!! Vote Jacon Zuma our - let the ANC know it is now time for change.

Dec 16, 2012 1:59 | 0 replies

@Katakata....- FarCeSpotter Zuma was elected by people of this country not exactly ANC and the service delivery riot were against the Gov which is not ANC that's what I'm saying when I say confuse thing good people,Zuma is Zuma,ANC is ANC and GOV id GOV.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was just telling another imbecile (Mzabalazo) on the other story about the same thing. Hatred of the ANC just seem to blinker and blind some people. Current leadership will be long gone, but uKhongolose will be here for ETERNITY. most people cannot take that

Dec 14, 2012 1:16 | 0 replies

so who moered him, on the lower lip?

Dec 14, 2012 1:4 | 0 replies

Katakata-- JZ is hoping his friend would kick the bucket so he wont have to pay back the rest of the loan, just like he is hoping Madiba would. JZ may be corrupt and a dim president, but he is devoid of stupidity when it comes to personal loans. I would have done the same, borrow money from people who are on their last legs (lol)

Dec 14, 2012 12:57 | 0 replies

@Mdala

Old news
=======
Exactly like you Mdala.

Dec 14, 2012 12:55 | 0 replies

@FarCeSpotter

Cornelius is not confused at all.

We have a president who has no education, who is accused of all sorts of crimes (and charges mysteriously withdrawn), and under his presidency we have had one disaster after the other: Many many service delivery riot, unprecedented corruption, huge electricity hikes, almost no disciplining of perpetrators of seriously deficient persons in government, no strong stance in implementing the national development plan, use of public money to develop personal property, no change in unemployment, e-tolls, etc, etc...

And the ANC wants to re-elect this utter failure as a president. What a disaster.
============

Dec 14, 2012 12:54 | 0 replies

@oldlady12

katakata, no look, I respect cultural rights to have many wives. As long as all the wives are agreeing to be married to the same man, then it is their business. I just didn't think making babies outside of marriage (whatever the culture accepts as marriage) is part of any culture. And then of course you know I have a problem with the taxpayer supporting more than one wife of a prez, but let's leave that there today, it is Friday after all. If I was Zuma, I'd put Shaikie right back in prison for insulting me in public like that.
===============
Oldie dont you think media's pushed him to publicly insult his friend unless if the friend doesnt want to repay the cash.

Dec 14, 2012 12:48 | 0 replies

Well, recycled news trying to bring Zuma down at Manguang. That will not happen. Zuma will win Mangaung, you are wasting your time.

Dec 14, 2012 12:46 | 0 replies

Dec 14, 2012 12:29 | 0 replies

Old news

Dec 14, 2012 12:28 | 0 replies

oldlady2- You are right, Shaikie is really taking the p**s out of JZ (lol). I dont think it was meant as a complement, it exposes JZ as a spineless father who cant even afford to look after his ever expanding off-spring. I totally dont agree with people who keep churning out children they cant afford to keep. JZ deserve all the slack he gets, for breaking his promises to the people of SA, to make their lives more bearable

Dec 14, 2012 12:25 | 0 replies