Fri Aug 01 15:54:01 SAST 2014
Kalawa Jazmee does it for Madiba (PHOTOS)

Record label Kalawa Jazmee musicians and staff paid a visit to the Doug Whitehead School in honour o.

'Mandela helped Zuma with debt'

By Sapa | Dec 07, 2012 | COMMENTS [ 199 ]

And he wasn't the only one...

A 2006 forensic report on President Jacob Zuma’s finances revealed that former president Nelson Mandela gave him R1 million to help settle his debts, the Mail & Guardian reported on Friday.

According to the 500-page KPMG report, Mandela came to Zuma’s rescue in June 2005, a few days after he was fired as deputy president and after the National Prosecuting Authority announced it would charge Zuma with corruption.

The report also says that a total of 783 payments were made to Zuma by his corruption-convicted, former financial adviser Schabir Shaik, amounting to more than R4 million.

It says Zuma also benefited from several businessmen, including his nephew, Khulubuse Zuma, and Durban businessman Vivian Reddy.

The report says large commercial banks bent over backwards to accommodate Zuma because of his political position, writing off bad debt against his name.

Hehehe, blame the media, throw around terms like 4th estate, 5th column...

Whatever...

Merely buuutt-hurt ANC sheep trying to spin their way out of a quagmire... They are scuttling. Like rats trying to flee a sinking ship.

Dec 07, 2012 1:55 | 0 replies

skwamasamabele - "I wont stop supporting the the ANC, but I wont support corruption"

If you support the ANC, you support corruption dude.

Dec 07, 2012 1:35 | 0 replies

I have also bankrolled uZuma, gave him loans.

Dec 07, 2012 1:35 | 0 replies

Garanteni - "you need not to bother about people like Sinudeity, they more concern about their parties while pretending to be worried about the country."

I put my country first, unlike the ANC.

Dec 07, 2012 1:34 | 0 replies

A man who continually takes money from others is not a man, he is a parasite. When he is a influential political figure, and he takes it from corrupt businessmen like Shaik, who give the money for one reason only nl preferential treatment on government contracts, etc, he is corrupt, i.e. a criminal besides being a parasite.

And ANC supporters think he is fit to be president of the largest economy in Africa !!!!

It is only people who do not want law and order, honesty, and clean government, because they are benefitting from the current situation, who would want this man to continue being president.

Cry the beloved ( and once proud) country.

Dec 07, 2012 1:34 | 0 replies

skwamasamabele

As much as I would LOVE to see a change at Mangaung, it isn't going to happen. The branches have all done their voting and it isn't for change

Dec 07, 2012 1:33 | 0 replies

Firstly, there is no new story here. Mandela gave R 2 million, half went to Zuma and the other half went to King Goodwill Zwelithini. Mandela gave away this money because he too was given almost
R20 million by "well-wishers" (companies that decided to establish a Mandela Family Trust for the benefit of Mandela's children and grandchildren).

Of late we are seeing more and more "eplossive revelations about Zuma". But a closer look will reveal that these are controlled and sustained "revelations" that are not new at all. These so-called revelations are a mischievous trick by the fourth estate to dictate to ANC members as to who they should vote for.

During ShabirShaik's trial, the state alleged that Shabir gave Zuma R 2 million as corrupt payments, Shaik revealed Mandela as the source and that there was nothing corrupt about Mandela giving to Zuma some money to help pay off some debts. Zuma's home was quoted at R 1.3 million, after receiving aR 1 million from Mandela, Zuma applied for a R 900 000 bond, that is R 600 000 more than the quoted amount for building his home.

We are going to see more and more of this recycling of old stories, Zuma is again going to be subjected to a trial by the media, a phenomenon that started in 2003 when former National Director of Public Persecutions Bulelani Ngcuka assembled senior black journalist to tell them "how corrupt Zuma was", also that he was not going to charge him but would leave him to the "court of public opinion to dry and die a political death".

Well informed ANC members are not going to fall for such cheap tricks by the media that already believes that they are "ruling this country". Even if one does not support Zuma's candidacy, I would urge ANC members not to use these media leaks as reasons for not voting Zuma into a second term, the danger of ANC members being controlled by nefarious media leaks is greater than Zuma's 2nd term. Following, swallowing and acting upon media leaks amounts to surendering the ANC to media vultures.

Zuma and the current NEC had been given a mandate by the Polokwane conference. A trial by the media undermines the rule of law, equality before the eyes of the law. Once we allow it to happen to Zuma, then it will happen to Kgalema and those that will come after them, slowly but surely it will lead to the death of the ANC and a reversal of any gains we have had since 1994.

Dec 07, 2012 1:31 | 0 replies

@ Fernie, your frustration can be felt in your comment despite pretending that things are cool as they are well knowing they are not, people must just learn to take criticism, if I dare criticise what I see is wrong, I definately will need a thick skin to take all the insults I will immediately be subjected to, you need not to bother about people like Sinudeity, they more concern about their parties while pretending to be worried about the country.

Dec 07, 2012 1:31 | 0 replies

Fernie - "Some of you (!#Sinudeity#!) are saying only stupid and/or uneducated people will vote for ANC"

I didnt say that. Not today anyways.

"The sad truth is right now there's no opposition for the ANC and as things stand"

LOL, thats only what ANC fanboys tell each other.

"why don't you organise yourselves and start your own political party. Come 2014...ANC will win again..."

Or a much simpler solution, vote anybody else.

Dec 07, 2012 1:30 | 0 replies

Fernie

Dec 07, 2012 1:29 | 0 replies

16-12-1838- I think we operate on different planets here. I wont stop supporting the the ANC, but I wont support corruption, therefore I WANT TO SEE LEADERSHIP CHANGE. Is that too complicated for an intellectual like you?? I am hoping Mangaung would offer the Revolt I am looking for, therefore I dont need prophets of gloom like you telling me that I support my party religiously, hell no!!

Dec 07, 2012 1:29 | 0 replies